2000 server domain

A school I consult for recently purchased new computers running XP Pro SP2.
The users log in to a domain. I would like all the users who login to have
the same background, power settings and go through a proxy server when
accessing the internet. I don't want to have to create a million six IDs on
all of the computers. I believe there is a way to have everyone use the same
default profile on the server with these settings. How do I do that? I
appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks.

Jim

"Jim D." wrote:

> The users log in to a domain. I would like all the users who login to have
> the same background, power settings and go through a proxy server when

Win 200x AD domain? If yes, Group Policy can meet the requirements you stated.

> same default profile on the server with these settings.

mandatory profile NTUSER.MAN.
See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323368

Do let us know if this helps. Thanks!

Ok. Thanks. I don't know when I will get a chance to get back to that
school to do what you suggested. Hopefully soon. Thanks for the help.

Jim