2000 server domain

A school I consult for recently purchased new computers running XP Pro SP2.
The users log in to a domain. I would like all the users who login to have
the same background, power settings and go through a proxy server when
accessing the internet. I don't want to have to create a million six IDs on
all of the computers. I believe there is a way to have everyone use the same
default profile on the server with these settings. How do I do that? I
appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks.

Jim
2 answers Last reply
More about 2000 server domain

    "Jim D." wrote:

    > The users log in to a domain. I would like all the users who login to have
    > the same background, power settings and go through a proxy server when

    Win 200x AD domain? If yes, Group Policy can meet the requirements you stated.

    > same default profile on the server with these settings.

    mandatory profile NTUSER.MAN.
    See
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323368

    Do let us know if this helps. Thanks!
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Ok. Thanks. I don't know when I will get a chance to get back to that
    school to do what you suggested. Hopefully soon. Thanks for the help.

    Jim

    "Desmond Lee" wrote:

    > "Jim D." wrote:
    >
    > > The users log in to a domain. I would like all the users who login to have
    > > the same background, power settings and go through a proxy server when
    >
    > Win 200x AD domain? If yes, Group Policy can meet the requirements you stated.
    >

    > > same default profile on the server with these settings.
    >
    > mandatory profile NTUSER.MAN.
    > See
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323368
    >
    > Do let us know if this helps. Thanks!