WIndows 2003 server (Web Edition) and VB app

None

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002

Hello
We are buying a new server to store files on and to run some
utility apps. We were looking to save some money and get the web
edition. We wanted to make sure our VB apps would run on the machine
before we bought it. Are there any restriction on running VB apps, or
installing the Visual Studio 6.0 on the machine for debugging those
apps?

You should not have any problems running VB apps on it. There are a
number of services that are missing from this edition though. You'll
want to review the restriction lists below:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/web.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/features/compareeditions.mspx

Matt Wagner
Enterprise Engineering Center
Microsoft Corporation

Legal Disclaimer:
rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm Please do not
send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes
only.

none wrote:
> Hello
> We are buying a new server to store files on and to run some
> utility apps. We were looking to save some money and get the web
> edition. We wanted to make sure our VB apps would run on the machine
> before we bought it. Are there any restriction on running VB apps, or
> installing the Visual Studio 6.0 on the machine for debugging those
> apps?

None

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002

I posted this message while waiting for a response from a form I filled
out on a Microsoft pre sales site. The response I received was the
exact opposite of you posting. Are you really from Microsoft, or did
you spoof me?