Anybody know about Coolermaster PSU?

klezmer41

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I got a Coolermaster 600w Extreme Power as a temporary replacement for my Seasonic which is toast. There are issues with Seasonic and the DFI Ultra-D Lanparty which is the mobo I have. The system worked for months so I don't think the issues are present anymore, just a toasted PSU. Any recommendations on other power supply or should I get a new Seasonic?

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Take a look at this article written about highend PSUs that were tested (along with the results). It should help you.

http://www.bytesizedreviews.com/?rev_id=302

There are many good PSUs in the highend category that would serve you well but do the reasearch. I am quite surprised at the trouble you are having wiht the Seasonic as it is one of the most highly rated PSU companies around. Silverstone, FSP, Enermax, PC P&C, Tagan, Seasonic, Antec and OCZ are among the most highly regarded. I would include Mushkin but, the fact that their highend PSU doesn't have PFC is enough for me to be nervous about entrusting my expensive equiptment to it.

klezmer41

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
The Seasonic I have is the S12 600w, and it ran perfectly for about 6 months. Lots of people have had a lot of success with them so maybe I just got unlucky. Depending on how customer service goes with them I might stick with Seasonic or ditch them entirely. I need this computer up and running now which is why I had to get the Coolermaster.

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
I got a Coolermaster 600w Extreme Power as a temporary replacement for my Seasonic which is toast. There are issues with Seasonic and the DFI Ultra-D Lanparty which is the mobo I have. The system worked for months so I don't think the issues are present anymore, just a toasted PSU. Any recommendations on other power supply or should I get a new Seasonic?

You don't list all the specs for your system.

Check the PSU list on the DFI forum.

My self I ONLY use PC PowerCooling PSU's (and DFI MB's!) but a PC 510 will probibly be a much better supply than the ones you have been useing. My Optron 146's are all OC 1Ghz with these and never had to raise voltages due to the regulation and real life rateings for these PSU's.

They cost alot but they are real PSU's and I think are even better than Silverstone.

klezmer41

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I would go for a new PSU if I didn't already have all this $ tied up in Seasonic. Here's my system specs:

AMD64 3200+ 2.0GHz single core
DFI Ultra-D LanParty non-SLI
Seasonic 600w power supply
2 320GB Western Digital hard drives in RAID mirror
ATI x800xl 256MB video card
2GB OCZ 3200 RAM 2x1GB
Antec P180
Linksys 802.11g WiFi PCI card

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
I really do hope that everything goes well with the Seasonic because that is such a good company and their PSUs are supreme.

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
I would go for a new PSU if I didn't already have all this $ tied up in Seasonic. Here's my system specs:

2GB OCZ 3200 RAM 2x1GB
Antec P180

Well if you have a PSU that is working then you don't need another do you?

Nice setup you have.

Mine are all:
Optron 146 (2Ghz stock, 3Ghz OC on stock volts).
DFI Expert (chipset and HT @ stock volts)
G.Skill USU2-4000-2GBHZ running @ DDR540 (stock volts)
XFX 7900GT
Coolermaster cases
PC 510's for PSU's
Thermalright SI-120 coolers
Silverstone FM-121 fans on coolers and cases.

Everything runs @ stock volts and the cpu's only run 2C over room temps!

I see on the DFI forums people running about the same thing but they all need extra volts and run alot hotter. I am sure that the PSU is the key factor here.

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006

2GB OCZ 3200 RAM 2x1GB
Antec P180

Well if you have a PSU that is working then you don't need another do you?

Nice setup you have.

Mine are all:
Optron 146 (2Ghz stock, 3Ghz OC on stock volts).
DFI Expert (chipset and HT @ stock volts)
G.Skill USU2-4000-2GBHZ running @ DDR540 (stock volts)
XFX 7900GT
Coolermaster cases
PC 510's for PSU's
Thermalright SI-120 coolers
Silverstone FM-121 fans on coolers and cases.

Everything runs @ stock volts and the cpu's only run 2C over room temps!

I see on the DFI forums people running about the same thing but they all need extra volts and run alot hotter. I am sure that the PSU is the key factor here.

One of the units only has the ram @ DDR520 (260 Mhz).
All the units run on a cpu/ram ratio.

The first one I set up is the one with the slower ram and I never set the HT to get the CPU over 3Ghz (2.95Ghz)as that was good enough for me,and the other 3 I set to the same speed (except a full 3Ghz) from the start although the ram in them hit higher speeds.

I never used all the "fine tuneing" for the ram that the DFI boards afford me ( just the built in MemTest) and with the OC I have so far I am just to lazy to bother.

TRENDING THREADS