deny a document from rename

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 2, 2005 2:09:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.applications,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

I have a critical document or file and I do not want any one to rename it
how can I do that
I have DC as windows2000 server and the member servers some of the windows
2000 and another one
windows NT 4

any soluation please?

More about : deny document rename

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 6:35:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.applications,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Right-click the document and select Sharing/Security (I'm sorry that I'm
looking at Windows 2003). From here you can specify what users and groups
have what privileges.

-Stan
"Admin" <admin@admin.com> wrote in message
news:o eoYxbQCFHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I have a critical document or file and I do not want any one to rename it
> how can I do that
> I have DC as windows2000 server and the member servers some of the windows
> 2000 and another one
> windows NT 4
>
> any soluation please?

Anonymous
February 5, 2005 3:15:02 PM

Admin wrote:
> I have a critical document or file and I do not want any one to
> rename it how can I do that
> I have DC as windows2000 server and the member servers some of the
> windows 2000 and another one
> windows NT 4
>
> any soluation please?

Change the NTFS security so that the users/groups in question have only read
permissions.
!