About the windows 2003 server

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

Hi,
This may not be the right place for this question, but i don't seem to find
a newsgroup for windows2003 server. However, this should be a simple
question ^^
Actually, I just want to restart the server ^^ (Isn't that simple), but
there's more options, I have to choose about the planned and unplanned
restart otherwise I can't restart the server. Can I ask what are those
options for?

Thanks

seth

informational purposes
whatever you type in the box gets added to the event log

"Adrian" <a@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> This may not be the right place for this question, but i don't seem to
> find
> a newsgroup for windows2003 server. However, this should be a simple
> question ^^
> Actually, I just want to restart the server ^^ (Isn't that simple), but
> there's more options, I have to choose about the planned and unplanned
> restart otherwise I can't restart the server. Can I ask what are those
> options for?
>
> Thanks

Adrian:

To expand upon what Seth said, you can turn off this functionality if
you don't like it. Perform the following steps for this:

1. Open gpedit.msc
2. Navigate to Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->System
3. Open the "Display Shutdown Event Tracker" policy
4. Select the "Disabled"

Matt Wagner
Enterprise Engineering Center
Microsoft Corporation

Legal Disclaimer:
rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm Please do not
send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes
only.

Adrian wrote:
> Hi,
> This may not be the right place for this question, but i don't seem to find
> a newsgroup for windows2003 server. However, this should be a simple
> question ^^
> Actually, I just want to restart the server ^^ (Isn't that simple), but
> there's more options, I have to choose about the planned and unplanned
> restart otherwise I can't restart the server. Can I ask what are those
> options for?
>
> Thanks

adrian

Distinguished