hi there, Ive have just downloaded Windows XP for the
second time and have no access to Word, Excel, Access etc.
Can anyone advise me as to how I can get into these
programs.

Thanks heaps

You have to install Office after installing XP. These programs are not a
part of XP.

"mansl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi there, Ive have just downloaded Windows XP for the
> second time and have no access to Word, Excel, Access etc.
> Can anyone advise me as to how I can get into these
> programs.
>
> Thanks heaps

Hi

When you say 'downloaded', do you mean installed? If those MS programs are
installed, then they can be accessed via Programs>Microsoft Office. However
they are not supplied as part of Windows XP and have to be purchase
separately. If they were installed when you recieved the PC, have a look
through the CDs that came with your system - the Office CD(s) may be there
for you to re-install it.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

mansl wrote:
> hi there, Ive have just downloaded Windows XP for the
> second time and have no access to Word, Excel, Access etc.
> Can anyone advise me as to how I can get into these
> programs.
>
> Thanks heaps

1) Go to store/shop that sells computer software.

2) Purchase a Microsoft Office suite that contains the applications
you want.

3) Return home.

4) Insert installation CD in PC's CD drive and follow the on-screen
prompts and instructions to install application and desired additional
features.

Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any of its
individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows operating
system. They are, and always have been, separate applications, that
must be purchased and installed separately.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having
both at once. - RAH

If, at first, you don't succeed, try, try again.. :) .. MS Office products
have NEVER been an integral part of ANY MS operating system.. if you place
an MS Office CD into the drive, you will only have to load it once..

.... and BTW, one INSTALLS from CD.. one DOWNLOADS from the net or a remote
server, and then one INSTALLS from the downloaded files.. it aids clarity to
understand the terms used..

In news:264401c4af52$7a690ae0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
mansl <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> hi there, Ive have just downloaded Windows XP for the

From where did you download it? Windows XP is commercial software
that has to be bought. It is not legally available for download
anywhere.

> second time and have no access to Word, Excel, Access etc.
> Can anyone advise me as to how I can get into these
> programs.

Neither Windows XP nor any other version of Windows has ever come
with Word, Excel, Access, nor with any other significant
application software.

If you want these, you need to buy them, either alone, as part of
Microsoft Office,