Administrator Password

trevor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a Win 2K box that is a business critical machine, that a previous
administrator has changed the administrator password and renamed the
account. He left no documentation of said change but through trying I'm
fairly sure the account has been renamed to Admin (doesn't get locked out).
The problem is I need to log into the machine with an administrator password.
This box is not a member of a domain but a workgroup. Are there any
programs I can try that with crack the password or is there a way to recover
the password and account?

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:01:08 -0800, Trevor <Trevor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a Win 2K box that is a business critical machine, that a previous
>administrator has changed the administrator password and renamed the
>account. He left no documentation of said change but through trying I'm
>fairly sure the account has been renamed to Admin (doesn't get locked out).
>The problem is I need to log into the machine with an administrator password.
> This box is not a member of a domain but a workgroup. Are there any
>programs I can try that with crack the password or is there a way to recover
>the password and account?

See tip 1984 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP