Error: The instruction at "0x787c43c1" referenced memory a..

I have recently started receiving an error that crashes my ASP pages. IIS
seems to be running fine for HTML and .NET apps but my ASP pages produce 500
errors. It appears to be caused by a DLLhost.exe error with the message:

The instruction at "0x787c43c1" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
memory could not be "read".

I googled the message and funnily there are some other people experiencing
the same exact error at the same time period (last week). Could it be one of
the recent service packs? In any case nobody seems to have gotten an answer
so far.

Thank you for your assistance.
1 answer Last reply
More about error instruction 0x787c43c1 referenced memory

    Hi George,

    I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter of IIS, but since no one
    has responded to your posting then I'll try to assist you to the best of my
    ability.

    In order to troubleshoot this issue further, you would need to call Product
    Support Service (PSS). Then have a case created, so that the next available
    Support Engineer in the IIS group can assist in capturing a dump file for
    further analysis in determining what is causing DLLHost to bugcheck.

    RELATED KNOWLEDGE BASE ARTICLES(S):
    814875 Troubleshooting various issues in IIS 6.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=814875

    840671 The IIS 6.0 Resource Kit Tools
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=840671

    IIS 6.0 Technical Reference
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/IIS/6/all/techref/en-us/default.msp

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    > I have recently started receiving an error that crashes my ASP pages. IIS
    > seems to be running fine for HTML and .NET apps but my ASP pages produce
    500
    > errors. It appears to be caused by a DLLhost.exe error with the message:
    >
    > The instruction at "0x787c43c1" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
    > memory could not be "read".
    >
    > I googled the message and funnily there are some other people experiencing
    > the same exact error at the same time period (last week). Could it be one
    of
    > the recent service packs? In any case nobody seems to have gotten an
    answer
    > so far.
    >
    > Thank you for your assistance.

Microsoft Memory Windows