Help me about VC model

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

Hi everybody!
I read some about Video Conference (VC) but I can't find any model of
VC on LAN. I dont know what devices I must have to apply to my network.
Can you tell me exactly I must do? It's very well if there are some
graphics model.
Thank you!
4 answers Last reply
More about help model
  1. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

    What sort of information are you looking for? Do you need a
    videoconferencing solution for your network?

    Videoconferencing uses H.323 to communicate over ethernet networks.
    There are a bunch of products that can help you do this right out of
    the box. CamSys' store has a bunch to look over.
    http://store.camsysco.com
  2. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

    tt01t2 <all4life@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everybody!
    > I read some about Video Conference (VC) but I can't find any model of
    > VC on LAN. I dont know what devices I must have to apply to my network.
    > Can you tell me exactly I must do? It's very well if there are some
    > graphics model.
    > Thank you!

    Try http://www.video.ja.net/ its a UK university video comms website with
    guides and network info.

    Scott
  3. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

    You can buy this
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5200734286 and you have
    every thing you need, except a monitor to VC on your LAN.
    "tt01t2" <all4life@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everybody!
    > I read some about Video Conference (VC) but I can't find any model of
    > VC on LAN. I dont know what devices I must have to apply to my network.
    > Can you tell me exactly I must do? It's very well if there are some
    > graphics model.
    > Thank you!

  4. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

    I have a true Multicast Video conferencing app that I built and deployed
    many years ago that only works on a LAN, (Because thats only where multicast
    to the end user is available back in 2000) It's very hard to set up but
    once you set it up it works great. it requires 3 server programs and 2 query
    programs and a client. I can send it to you if you want. It's only 6 way but
    it has H-323 and G-711 Video and Audio. and it has Buddy Surfer, it's own
    web browser, and all the bells. Great user database search and once working
    it's as robust as a Sherman Tank.

    You can see a picture of it here http://www.neilrideout.com/projects.htm
    second one from the top called P/See Suite

    I've created something new called Emulated Multicast using Peer to Peer
    based on my research with UDTP V3 ( Unified Datagram Traversing Protocol)
    Version 3. I can send you the white papers on it if you want.

    May I recommend just simply going with Camtrek - it's simplier solution but
    hey if you want to put the work into P/See Suite is no problem. We can even
    work a deal for the Open Source if you want.

    Sincerely
    Neil L. Rideout
    Multicast Engineer
    Video Conferencing Consultant
    Inventor - Comcaster, P/See Suite, Sincewas, and Camtrek
    www.neilrideout.com
    and most importantly
    www.camtrek.com

    "No" <no@email.com> wrote in message news:d6qo17$11s$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
    > You can buy this
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5200734286 and you have
    > every thing you need, except a monitor to VC on your LAN.
    > "tt01t2" <all4life@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi everybody!
    > > I read some about Video Conference (VC) but I can't find any model of
    > > VC on LAN. I dont know what devices I must have to apply to my network.
    > > Can you tell me exactly I must do? It's very well if there are some
    > > graphics model.
    > > Thank you!

LAN Networking