draken332

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
cpu AMD dual core 4400
gpu Nvidia 7900 GTX
ram 2X 512mb dual channel
mobo Gigabyte GA-K8NSLI SLI 939 DDR400 Motherboard
psu 500watts PS2 ATX12V Power Supply

I am having a problem were most of the time on startup i get a bluescreen error and ask me to restart and then it will usually boot normally, Im not sure what the problem is but i have thought it could be the power supply can anyone help me?

quantsini

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Just a wild guess, are you using Daemon Tools? Their SPTD driver is known to cause blue screens on startup, but after a blue screen, it works fine.

quantsini

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
How long have you been getting BSODS? Have you tried updating your bios?
I just want to make sure it's not a software problem - try starting in safe mode to see if it's possible, to do that: press F8 when window starts to launch, and pick safe mode. If you can log into safe mode, it's probably a driver or some software.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
my friend had the raidmax sagitta, the PSu crapped out. Had to get a new one. Anyways the PSU isnt good to begin with so if possible i'd get a new one.

as far as ur BSOD's im not sure, although i dont think a PSu can cause BSOD's

shiro

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
the raidmax sagitta's a case

Did the case come with a different power supply perhaps?

I was getti random bsod's as well on my newly built pc, but after switching out my old ram (1x512mb ddr333 --> 1x512mb ddr400) it was running more smoothly. So far only one crash/freeze/restart during a game, which I haven't figured out what the cause was yet...

My next replacement is for my 4 year old psu with a raidmax rx-630 *cough*...better not be as crappy as most people say raidmax psu's are...
I hear they crap out very often