Licensing service in Windows 2000 AD

Hi,

I have 4 Windows 2000 DCs, in 2 different locations. Location A has DCA1 and
DCA2, and location B has DCB1 and DCB2.

In Active directory sites and services, I have 2 sites as well, A and B,
with their respecitve subnets.

In the Licensing part of each location and each server, they all point to
DCA1.

The problem is that, when I open the licensing application, they all show
different results. All the actual licenses are posted in DCA1, but DCA2,
DCB1, and DCB2 are all showing that no licenses have been purchased and show
that some computers that have been logged on go over the limit of the number
of purchased licenses. I guess it's because the process is not centralizing
into DCA1.

So, how can I straighten this up so that all of them point to one single DC?
Should I do that? Should I have them point to one DC per site and divide the
number of purchased licenses between sites?

Thanks a lot,

Alberto

This component is buggy.
I recommend you stop and disable the license logging service on all your
Windows servers.
MS has given up on this component and so should you. It is disabled by
default on W2K3 Server. Manage your license compliance another way.
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824196

--
Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security