Compact/Defrag User Registry File (ntuser.dat)

Hi,
I'm looking for a tool that can defrag or/and compact user registry file
(ntuser.dat) , which is stored in a user profile and sometimes takes up space
(up to 10 Mb) and makes login times long.

or
May be someone knows any reason for it to suddently grow?

OS: Windows 2000 Pro with SP4 ..

--
Alex K.

Hi Alex,

If the profiles are reaching upto 10 MB then there seems to be a problem
with something wrong with the profile.

Please check if you prf*.tmp files created in your profiles.

Prf*.tmp files get created if the profile gets corrupted.

Also, do you have NT systems in your network that the users login to?

NT Systems and 2000 systems in the network where the users login to can
cause major issues.

Regards,
Sinith