Wireless connection to web

Susan

My new laptop has wireless connection cababilities. I want
to connect to the internet using wireless. I've read all
the gubbins in XP help - and am none the wiser! Can anyone
give me an idiots guide to how I find a wireless network
and how I use it to connect to the web. Thanks

This page should get you started:
http://www.homenethelp.com/802.11b/index.asp
If you want to connect at home you'll need the appropriate
hardware. See: "What do I need to buy?"

For use at home, you must have a wireless router to broadcast the signal
from your internet service provider to the receiver in your laptop.