Wireless connection to web

My new laptop has wireless connection cababilities. I want
to connect to the internet using wireless. I've read all
the gubbins in XP help - and am none the wiser! Can anyone
give me an idiots guide to how I find a wireless network
and how I use it to connect to the web. Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless connection

    This page should get you started:
    http://www.homenethelp.com/802.11b/index.asp
    If you want to connect at home you'll need the appropriate
    hardware. See: "What do I need to buy?"

    For use at home, you must have a wireless router to broadcast the signal
    from your internet service provider to the receiver in your laptop.

    "Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My new laptop has wireless connection cababilities. I want
    > to connect to the internet using wireless. I've read all
    > the gubbins in XP help - and am none the wiser! Can anyone
    > give me an idiots guide to how I find a wireless network
    > and how I use it to connect to the web. Thanks

Wireless Connection Windows XP