Assign more space to a partition

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 21, 2005 3:54:17 PM

Hello everybody

I have a 200 GB disk which currently has 150GB unallocated. I have 3
partitions made and I want to allocate an extra 50GB to one of those
partition(not the OS one). Im running Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

Does anyone recommend a program to do that, without having to format
the partiont that I want to add space into?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

More about : assign space partition

Anonymous
March 3, 2005 2:07:26 AM

Hi Dan,

I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter of expanding a partition,
but since no one has responded to your posting then I'll try to assist you
to the best of my ability. Have you tried using DISKPART utility as
referenced in the following article?

325590 How to use Diskpart.exe to extend a data volume in Windows Server
2003,
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325590

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm&gt;

> I have a 200 GB disk which currently has 150GB unallocated. I have 3
> partitions made and I want to allocate an extra 50GB to one of those
> partition(not the OS one). Im running Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
>
> Does anyone recommend a program to do that, without having to format
> the partiont that I want to add space into?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Dan

Anonymous
August 21, 2009 1:46:10 AM