Screensaver won't run

I am running windows XP Pro on my PC, and have set up a
screensaver-the standard windows marquee to run if the
machine is idle for 10 mins, however, the screensaver
never runs. I have set up the power save for "always on"
which powers down the monitor after 3 hours and leave the
rest running. This also never happens. Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about screensaver

    Hello Michelle,

    This problem might be caused by a program that makes the computer still
    think that it is being used. Most programs that play music will do that,
    like WMP will not allow your screen saver to go on. Check to see if you
    have any programs running that night not allow your computer to enter into
    the screen saver.

    Michael Ortega

    "Michelle" <onelane@charter.net> wrote in message
    >I am running windows XP Pro on my PC, and have set up a
    > screensaver-the standard windows marquee to run if the
    > machine is idle for 10 mins, however, the screensaver
    > never runs. I have set up the power save for "always on"
    > which powers down the monitor after 3 hours and leave the
    > rest running. This also never happens. Any suggestions?

Screensaver Microsoft Windows XP