Win2k Advanced Server Down after Recommeded Service packs...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Ok..

First mistake was using Automatic updates... but its been working fine
for years.... After yesterdays new updates...

Machine boots, and goes blue screen with a 'UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE
TRAP"

Machine boots fine in safe mode, and safe mode with networking.
Created bootlog, and last file loaded (looks like) was CDFS.sys

Machine is an advanced server 2000, DC, AD, with SAV 9.0, and
Microsofts AntiSpyware. Not much else on it, but its my primary data
server also...

I have been able to remove all patches in reverse order. Read
somewhere to remove all AV/Spyware software, but I can't in safe
mode because both of these packages look for windows installer, which
is not running. Tried to run it, but it failed...

Any ideas ??

Help !!

-Steve

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

This may help. As always check Event Viewer and Device Manager for errors
and or non-starting devices.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BCCodes_23082e55-3e4e-435f-b783-051a0ab3c1fa.xml.asp

--
Regards,