Dynamic Disk Problem

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

I have SBS2K w/ 2 harddrives that are mirrored. Both are Dynamic. In Disk
Management Console both drives say they are Healthy but in the left part of
the window for Disk 0 and Disk 1 there is a yellow caution sign and they say
they are Online (Errors). If I right click on the drive there is an option
to "Reactivate Disk". When I it up in Help it says that the disk would be
marked "Missing" or "Offline".

What's up with this? Do I reactivate or not? Nothing shows in event
viewer. I've noticed the caution sign for a while (months) but my backups
are good and the system seems fine.

Any insight would be helpful.....

DG

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

Hi Dan,

I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter of Dynamic Disks, but since
no one has responded to your posting then I'll try to assist you to the best
of my ability. In reading your posting, it almost sounds like you running
in to the situation mentioned in the following article:

245799 Cannot Remove False System Partition Using Disk Management
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=245799

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado