Strange file?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 7, 2005 10:58:46 AM

Anybody knows what this file is?

Winnt\system32\sysswin32.exe??
winnt\system32\winguard32.exe??

Antivirus says there virus, and cant delete them, and when I open the
winnt\system32 folder, theyre not there

Any ideas?

Dan

More about : strange file

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:00:10 PM

Go to Tools>Folder Options. Then, on the View tab of this window, select
"Show Hidden Files and Folders". I'm sure what these files do, but you may
able to delete them yourself if you want to, using this method. You may want
to do a little research before you modify files like this.

Stan

-Stan
"Dan" <gamesstate@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Anybody knows what this file is?
>
> Winnt\system32\sysswin32.exe??
> winnt\system32\winguard32.exe??
>
> Antivirus says there virus, and cant delete them, and when I open the
> winnt\system32 folder, theyre not there
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Dan

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 7:13:16 PM

Hi Dan

The Winguard32.exe file may be a variant of Winguard.exe as mentioned in the
following report from Symantec.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

The Syswin32 file definitely sounds like one of the viruses mentioned below:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

See if following their recommendations resolves your issue.

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm&gt;