Strange file?

Anybody knows what this file is?

Winnt\system32\sysswin32.exe??
winnt\system32\winguard32.exe??

Antivirus says there virus, and cant delete them, and when I open the
winnt\system32 folder, theyre not there

Any ideas?

Dan
3 answers Last reply
More about strange file

    Go to Tools>Folder Options. Then, on the View tab of this window, select
    "Show Hidden Files and Folders". I'm sure what these files do, but you may
    able to delete them yourself if you want to, using this method. You may want
    to do a little research before you modify files like this.

    Stan

    -Stan
    "Dan" <gamesstate@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Anybody knows what this file is?
    >
    > Winnt\system32\sysswin32.exe??
    > winnt\system32\winguard32.exe??
    >
    > Antivirus says there virus, and cant delete them, and when I open the
    > winnt\system32 folder, theyre not there
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Dan

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Hi Dan

    The Winguard32.exe file may be a variant of Winguard.exe as mentioned in the
    following report from Symantec.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.southpark.worm.html

    The Syswin32 file definitely sounds like one of the viruses mentioned below:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.irccontact.html

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.sdbot.html

    See if following their recommendations resolves your issue.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>