Buying Creatures 1? (& Gold question)

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Hey all,

I was a huge fan of Creatures not so long back and I did have a copy of
Creatures 1, but IIRC it was a bit buggy and I had to download a fix or
something at some point for it.

Trouble is I'm not sure if I still have it :S I need to look hard for it but
anyway...

Is it still possible to buy Creatures 1? Or is it considered 'abandonware'
now? I've got 2, two copies of it infact, but I was hoping to start afresh
with 1 hehe.

A quick search on Amazon.co.uk (I'm in the UK) turned up Creatures Gold. Is
this Creatures 3 with the internetty thing?

Is it reccommended, or am I best off with 2? I remember having a Cloud Nine
thing in one of my games, hehe... ah, memories...

Thanks in advance

--
Sue

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Creatures Internet Edition (alias Creatures Gold) is Creatures 3 and Docking
Station. The pair are great fun to play online and are currently being sold
as Creatures Exodus.

If you're looking for Creatures 1 it is being sold packaged with Creatures 2
as The Albian Years.

The Albian Years, Creatures Exodus and Creatures Village are all Windows XP
compatible and just hitting the shelves now, so they haven't reached some
countries yet. Thus Creatures certainly isn't abandonware :)

Don
AmberCreatures
http://creatures.amberz.net