xfx7800gs - 256mB- AGP

Voska

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
Need help ..
Is there a biosupgrade for this card ???
Got version 5.70.02.33.05 now..

Heard of people who got 24 piplines instead of the
original 16.

Anyone who knows ??

My Card ----> XFX GeForce 7800GS 256MB GDDR3 eXtreme, AGP8X, DVI-I/Tv-Out, Retail

Ok I am going to give this to you and not flame you... By looking throught the forums here on TomsHardware.com I have come to the conclution that there is no way to unlock the other 4 and/or 8 pipelines. There has been numerouse mentions about our cards being "Laser cut". Now I admit I am not too sure as to what that means... call me a noob for that so be it. The only 7800GS's that are getting 20 or 24 pipelines are the Gainward ones and those come stock like that pending on which version you go with the regular Gainward 7800Gs comes with 20 while the Gainward 7800GS+ comes with the full 24. My personal feelings towards knowing this is that either they found a way to unlock the extra piplines. or NVidia sent them different chips then they sent to other producers such as our XFX or BFG or EVGA. Now if anyone else would like to chime in with their own opinions or know of a way to unlock said pipelines I am sure there are plenty of eager people on these forums that use 7800GS's that would just love to know... myself included.

brunsas

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I´ve been on the Phone with the support. About my tv-out, not workin
at all.
In settings i find my telly, But no picture, if i swap to my old card theres no problem what so ever.

I want to send it back because it was not a good upgrade för me sinse im only playing CS:S. And i didnt get more FPS, only difference was that i can set the graffics to the max and get the same FPS as the old one.

But if i put my settings lower i thought id get some more, but no.

So im hoping for a refund her and ill be playing on low settings on my
Leadtek GeForce 5950 Ultra instead.
Better save the money for a complete new system with PCI-e ..