Logical Disk Manager Not Starting

Hi,
I am facing a problem regarding the logical disk manager.

When I am trying to connect to Logical Disk Management under Storage in
Computer Management the Logical Disk Manager it just shows me the message (in
the status line) =
"Connecting to Logical Disc Manager Service...". After waiting for about =
one minute and nothing happens I get the message (in a separate window =
with title Logical Disk Manager) and an red X saying "Server execution =
failed". Furthermore on the status line of the Disk Management Snap-In =
it shows "FAILED connection to Logical Disk Manager Service."

I am getting error codes 1053,127 and 1068 which are all very generic in
nature.

Event Id's generated are 7000, 7001, 7023 which are not very specific.

The dll file which is pointed to by Event viewer is cfgmgr32.dll.This file
is again a file for a whole lot of services.
1 answer Last reply
More about logical disk manager starting

    When you view the logged events in Event Viewer (double-click them in the
    right-hand pane) in the upper right corner, third button down is a copy to
    clipboard, then you can paste in the body of a reply message.

    Please do so for each of the different System Log events (that are a Type:
    'Error' or 'Warning') since last boot so we can see all of the event detail.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Anirban Ray" wrote:
    | Hi,
    | I am facing a problem regarding the logical disk manager.
    |
    | When I am trying to connect to Logical Disk Management under Storage in
    | Computer Management the Logical Disk Manager it just shows me the message
    (in
    | the status line) =
    | "Connecting to Logical Disc Manager Service...". After waiting for about =
    | one minute and nothing happens I get the message (in a separate window =
    | with title Logical Disk Manager) and an red X saying "Server execution =
    | failed". Furthermore on the status line of the Disk Management Snap-In =
    | it shows "FAILED connection to Logical Disk Manager Service."
    |
    | I am getting error codes 1053,127 and 1068 which are all very generic in
    | nature.
    |
    | Event Id's generated are 7000, 7001, 7023 which are not very specific.
    |
    | The dll file which is pointed to by Event viewer is cfgmgr32.dll.This file
    | is again a file for a whole lot of services.

Disk Management Servers Windows