Looking for reasons to not rename administrator account

We are running server 2000. My supervisor wants to rename the administrators
login and he wants to keep the administrator account but give it zero access.
I really do not want to do this. I think the administrator account is too
important to mess with. I feel if you have a good enogh password policy and
change the password often enough then there will not be a problem. He wants
reasons why we should not make this change. I am looking for reasons as to
why we should not make this change. Any help is greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about looking reasons rename administrator account

    Nothing wrong with renaming Administrator, but I would not go through and strip any rights it may have. Would most definitely give it a VERY strong password and
    tighten things down with Security Policies if need be. Reference the following articles for more information.

    166992 Standard Security Practices for Windows NT
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=166992

    320053 How to rename the administrator and guest account in Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320053

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    > We are running server 2000. My supervisor wants to rename the administrators
    > login and he wants to keep the administrator account but give it zero access.
    > I really do not want to do this. I think the administrator account is too
    > important to mess with. I feel if you have a good enogh password policy and
    > change the password often enough then there will not be a problem. He wants
    > reasons why we should not make this change. I am looking for reasons as to
    > why we should not make this change. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Microsoft Servers Windows