Run a scheduled backup

Hi all,

Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

I have a daily backup scheduled using NT backup to run at 5:00 every
day. Occasionally this fails due to a dodgy tape or some other minor
problem and I need to go back and run the job again.

What is the easiest way of doing this? I could create a new temp job
but the file/folder selection list for this cluster is pretty large
and there's always a chance of missing something. I guess what I'm
saying is how do I get "run now" functionality for a scheduled backup
whose start date/time is in the past?

Dave.

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:21:17 +0100, David Gray <police@spamcop.net> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
>
>I have a daily backup scheduled using NT backup to run at 5:00 every
>day. Occasionally this fails due to a dodgy tape or some other minor
>problem and I need to go back and run the job again.
>
>What is the easiest way of doing this? I could create a new temp job
>but the file/folder selection list for this cluster is pretty large
>and there's always a chance of missing something. I guess what I'm
>saying is how do I get "run now" functionality for a scheduled backup
>whose start date/time is in the past?
>
>Dave.

Right-click the Schedule Task and Press Properties.
Copy the RUN line to the clipboard.
Open Notepad.
Type:
CD Drive\Folder of the 'Start In"
Paste the clipboard.
Save the file as xxx.txt
rename xxx.txt to xxx.bat
Schedule xxx.bat to run once in the Context of the original Schedule.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

I'll give that a blast.

Cheers.

>Right-click the Schedule Task and Press Properties.
>Copy the RUN line to the clipboard.
>Open Notepad.
>Type:
>CD Drive\Folder of the 'Start In"
>Paste the clipboard.
>Save the file as xxx.txt
>rename xxx.txt to xxx.bat
>Schedule xxx.bat to run once in the Context of the original Schedule.
>

>Jerold Schulman
>Windows Server MVP
>JSI, Inc.
>http://www.jsiinc.com

Hi all,

When I try to re-run a scheduled backup using the info given in a
posting sometime ago (below) the windows backup box appears for a
about two minutes then dissapears. During this time the drives I need
to backup are displayed but I'm unable to select the 'Start Backup'
button.

I'm running the backup from a batch file, code shown below

Any ideas?

Dave.

C:\WINNT\system32\NTBACKUP.EXE backup "@C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data\WMS Daily Backup.bks" /n
"Media created 28/01/2005 at 17:13" /d "Set created 28/01/2005 at
17:13" /v:yes /r:no /rs:no /hc:eek:n /m normal /j "WMS.job" /l:f /p "8mm
AIT1"

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:02:05 -0500, Jerold Schulman <Jerry@jsiinc.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:21:17 +0100, David Gray <police@spamcop.net> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
>>
>>I have a daily backup scheduled using NT backup to run at 5:00 every
>>day. Occasionally this fails due to a dodgy tape or some other minor
>>problem and I need to go back and run the job again.
>>
>>What is the easiest way of doing this? I could create a new temp job
>>but the file/folder selection list for this cluster is pretty large
>>and there's always a chance of missing something. I guess what I'm
>>saying is how do I get "run now" functionality for a scheduled backup
>>whose start date/time is in the past?
>>
>>Dave.
>>

>Right-click the Schedule Task and Press Properties.
>Copy the RUN line to the clipboard.
>Open Notepad.
>Type:
>CD Drive\Folder of the 'Start In"
>Paste the clipboard.
>Save the file as xxx.txt
>rename xxx.txt to xxx.bat
>Schedule xxx.bat to run once in the Context of the original Schedule.
>

>Jerold Schulman
>Windows Server MVP
>JSI, Inc.
>http://www.jsiinc.com