Link forWindows 2000 DNS/Dhcp registration & release error

can someone post the Q# for the article that outlines the problems if you run
Dhcp and DNS on a Windows 2000 server.

I remember something about a problem existing in the release and
registration of the records in the DNS database. With dhcp running on same
box as DHCP, DHCP service thinks it "owns" the record rather than the
woarkstation "owning" the record.
1 answer Last reply
More about link forwindows 2000 dhcp registration release error

    317590 How to configure DNS dynamic update in Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=317590

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    > can someone post the Q# for the article that outlines the problems if you run
    > Dhcp and DNS on a Windows 2000 server.
    >
    > I remember something about a problem existing in the release and
    > registration of the records in the DNS database. With dhcp running on same
    > box as DHCP, DHCP service thinks it "owns" the record rather than the
    > woarkstation "owning" the record.

DHCP DNS Servers Windows