Number of CALs?

I'm sure this should be really really easy, but I can't seem to find it ...
I've just taken over responsibility for a Windows 2003 Standard server. I'm
fairly sure it has 5 CALs, but:
1. How can I confirm the number of CALs?
2. How can I tell if/when I need to purchase more?

If this isn't the best group to ask the question then I would be grateful if
someone could direct me to a better one.

thanks,

Brian.

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:12:33 +0100, "Brian Cryer" <brianc@127.0.0.1.activesol.co.uk> wrote:

>I'm sure this should be really really easy, but I can't seem to find it ...
>I've just taken over responsibility for a Windows 2003 Standard server. I'm
>fairly sure it has 5 CALs, but:
> 1. How can I confirm the number of CALs?
> 2. How can I tell if/when I need to purchase more?
>
>If this isn't the best group to ask the question then I would be grateful if
>someone could direct me to a better one.
>
>thanks,
>
> Brian.

Start / Run / Llsmgr.msc / OK

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=824196 Description of the License Logging Service in Windows Server Operating Systems

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:12:33 +0100, "Brian Cryer"
> <brianc@127.0.0.1.activesol.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I'm sure this should be really really easy, but I can't seem to find it
>>I've just taken over responsibility for a Windows 2003 Standard server.
>>I'm
>>fairly sure it has 5 CALs, but:
>> 1. How can I confirm the number of CALs?
>> 2. How can I tell if/when I need to purchase more?
>>
>>If this isn't the best group to ask the question then I would be grateful
>>if
>>someone could direct me to a better one.
>>
>>thanks,
>>
>> Brian.
>>
> Start / Run / Llsmgr.msc / OK
>
> http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=824196 Description of the License
> Logging Service in Windows Server Operating Systems
>

> Jerold Schulman
> Windows Server MVP
> JSI, Inc.
> http://www.jsiinc.com

Thanks. I didn't have the license logging service running, but now I have I
can access licensing. :)