How do I recover from...

.... I was playing with my favorite character and managed to get hit by
a Spriggan more or less exactly at the moment I had hit F5 to save
game and thus my save game 'successfully' saved with me with zero
health points.

This causes me to die about 1/2 second after the game loads.

I'm prepared to go into the console to give myself 50 or so hitpoints
but am not sure what to do. I've already tried

player -> sethealth 50

but that gets me instantly dead as soon as I exit the console. Clearly
there's another setting I need to be using to get a character that
doesn't immediately die when re-loading. Any help would be much
appreciated.

(This character _is_ strong enough to kill Spriggans and has enough
Restore Health's to manage - it's just that my levitate wore off at a
bad moment and I instinctively hit F5 at the worst possible
moment...if anyone cares it's the Tree Stone quest in Bloodmoon)

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:40:05 -0500, Michael Hughes
<mhughes486@charter.net.invalid> wrote:

>Wait until you are asked if you want to load a saved game. Answer "no" to
>this question. When the main menu comes up (with the final scene of your
>own personal snuff film as the background), bring down the console and
>issue the following commands:
>
>player->resurrect

This worked ok

>player->setcurrenthealth 50

This didn't.

>set chargenstate to -1

Did this too and all seems ok - thanks.

What I ended up doing was reloading, doing the first command, closing
and immediately right clicking and fed myself a fortify health potion
and a restore health potion and IMMEDIATELY teleported away to
somewhere safe - I am gradually working my way back...