Building new pc AMD or INTEL?

Swany420

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I am building a new pc and of course within the price range of 1000-2000, intel would be the logical more reasonible choice, but after hearing the conroe problems and all the people that said that the mobos are having problems and all that bs i am thinking of going back to AMD,

Also intel and their 775 socket are not going anywhere else, and when they do intel is going to dump the socket anyway and head to something bigger that can hold the quad,,,,,,,,,, honestly i dont think that intel is a relatively good choice

Swany420

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
yea but with all the problems it is having with the mother boards and all that bs i dont think it will be worth it......... i mean yea it will be great speed and all that but for gaming? there isnt even a mobo out yet that can have sli and conroe in a decent form.......nforce 4 BS!!!! when the heck are the nforce 590 chipsets going to come out for the conroe?

cyborg_ninja-117

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I am building a new pc and of course within the price range of 1000-2000, intel would be the logical more reasonible choice, but after hearing the conroe problems and all the people that said that the mobos are having problems and all that bs i am thinking of going back to AMD,

Also intel and their 775 socket are not going anywhere else, and when they do intel is going to dump the socket anyway and head to something bigger that can hold the quad,,,,,,,,,, honestly i dont think that intel is a relatively good choice

fail

irishsk8rpatrick

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
woah buddy..that guy called us "nerds"????????????????

ok i think in the computer business, if your good at what you like doing then do it..i like computers and plan to hav ea carreer in it

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002

Conroe problems? What Conroe problems other than limited supply are there?

Motherboard problems, yes, there have been a few issues with chipsets, but a simple BIOS flash and it's good. If the motherboard isn't compatible, then you're S.O.L. But the i965x chipsets are pretty much a guarantee that C2D will work.

As for quad core, well, those are rumored to run on i975x chipset boards, but that's an iffy propostition.

i guess nerds like u jus arent nice to people like me that have a life. stupid #####

Yeah, crap like that won't help you get any help, either. Just ignore the posts that don't help ya, and you'll be fine. Remember, it's always easier to be a jerk on the internet.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
ahh thoose are expensive out the butt crack

all conroe supported boards can use kentsfield last time i checked, coolaler did some tests

Supposedly. Of course, those boards that are already touchy with C2D CPUs might be even more touchy with Kentsfield.

I just need to find out if those 965x boards will run them, and I can hit the "buy" button for my 965 board I have waiting.

only_me

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006

Conroe problems? What Conroe problems other than limited supply are there?

Motherboard problems, yes, there have been a few issues with chipsets, but a simple BIOS flash and it's good. If the motherboard isn't compatible, then you're S.O.L. But the i965x chipsets are pretty much a guarantee that C2D will work.

As for quad core, well, those are rumored to run on i975x chipset boards, but that's an iffy propostition.

This motherboard supports Quad!

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2295&ProductName=GA-965P-DQ6

You can buy it here in the uk Link

ryokinshin

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
yes, we nerds are smarter, and suddenly ur the only one with a life.........well at least we rule the whole goddam world

u dont ask for advice, then bs to the vet poster who givs u a direct answer.....sli and crossfire? not even worth the money imo, unless ur getting at least 70% performance increase wich isnt happening anytime soon

anyways, core 2 duo is a much better solution, pins dont really matter, i mean no one counts pins for performance. here is alink, oblivion the most demending game rite now, and it does depend on the cpu quite a bit

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/intel_core_2_duo_e6400_review/page10.asp

as u can see the core 2 6400 selling under 200 is pretty much as gd as a fx62

DeMonOfElRu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006

What if they do ??? ........ Aren't we screwed. :D :D

Oh, btw , that's actually more of a question than a joke. :)
If someone can clarify this , I'd very much appreciate it.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006

THe overall idea is still in your question; you don't need anything but a decision.
Conroe is the star of the moment but as Intel tried to catch up, as AMD once did, they're lacking to some degree proper legacy and scalability. On the other hand AMD is set for a slower but smoother roadmap for the moment.
With Conroe you have a top performance of 15-20% more than AMDs. But if AMD releases it's true quadcores within a year, most probably they will be better than intel's dual-dual-core design. IMO, whatever you chose, you won't regret it; CPU technology is running crazy fast now, maybe more than ever.