Increasing black level on IP5000 and other pixmas?

What would be the best way to increase the amount of black ink used from the
black cartridge of an IP5000 to increase the overall contrast of a print?
The 100g/m paper I'm using has trouble reproducing deep enough blacks, so I
would like to increase the amount of black ink used. Yeah, I know someone is
going to reply with 'buy better paper' to this question, but to be honest
I'm not looking for a huge black increase and I'd rather not buy much more
expensive paper because I have quite a few pictures to print out.

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about increasing black level ip5000 pixmas

    "Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message news:J66dnf2_lLnhKDPfRVnyuA@pipex.net...
    > What would be the best way to increase the amount of black ink used from
    > the
    > black cartridge of an IP5000 to increase the overall contrast of a print?
    > The 100g/m paper I'm using has trouble reproducing deep enough blacks, so
    > would like to increase the amount of black ink used. Yeah, I know someone
    > is
    > going to reply with 'buy better paper' to this question, but to be honest
    > I'm not looking for a huge black increase and I'd rather not buy much more
    > expensive paper because I have quite a few pictures to print out.
    >
    > TIA

    Are you talking about printing colour images? If you are, increasing black
    may not be the solution - black or dark colours are frequently made up of
    colour ink - not just black. Why not go into the printing preferences and
    increase the intensity setting? (Actually you can increase black there
    too...) Click on Colour Settings - Manual.

Printers Peripherals