Increasing black level on IP5000 and other pixmas?

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
June 14, 2005 3:47:00 PM

What would be the best way to increase the amount of black ink used from the
black cartridge of an IP5000 to increase the overall contrast of a print?
The 100g/m paper I'm using has trouble reproducing deep enough blacks, so I
would like to increase the amount of black ink used. Yeah, I know someone is
going to reply with 'buy better paper' to this question, but to be honest
I'm not looking for a huge black increase and I'd rather not buy much more
expensive paper because I have quite a few pictures to print out.

TIA

More about : increasing black level ip5000 pixmas

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:01:42 AM

"Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message news:J66dnf2_lLnhKDPfRVnyuA@pipex.net...
> What would be the best way to increase the amount of black ink used from
> the
> black cartridge of an IP5000 to increase the overall contrast of a print?
> The 100g/m paper I'm using has trouble reproducing deep enough blacks, so
> would like to increase the amount of black ink used. Yeah, I know someone
> is
> going to reply with 'buy better paper' to this question, but to be honest
> I'm not looking for a huge black increase and I'd rather not buy much more
> expensive paper because I have quite a few pictures to print out.
>
> TIA

Are you talking about printing colour images? If you are, increasing black
may not be the solution - black or dark colours are frequently made up of
colour ink - not just black. Why not go into the printing preferences and
increase the intensity setting? (Actually you can increase black there
too...) Click on Colour Settings - Manual.
!