RPC server unavailable

Hello,
I have recently been experiencing a problem on many of the computers on
my network. All these affected systems are having trouble logging off.
From what I have been able to find out I believe that this problem is some
how related to similar errors like this:
{AAD1D51F-1279-4831-8684-D99F99B3CC62}. The subscriber returned HRESULT
800706BA.
After some research into these problems I found that 800706BA refers to
0x800706BA which means "The RPC server is unavailable". This is where I'm
stuck......if I am understanding this right it's a problem with my Win2k
Server and or the communication between the server and the affected
machines. I also found that this is a side effect from the MSBlaster virus
because it utilizes DCom and the RPC server for it self. So I ran scans but
found nothing.

Any suggestions on how I may resolve this please?
--
-Scott

Hi Scott,

I see you posted the same issue on Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:24 am.

You should do a search in the Registry Editor (REGEDIT) and try to figure out what this GUID belongs to.
{AAD1D51F-1279-4831-8684-D99F99B3CC62}

Because this GUID is not natively created by the OS.
Once found, export it out then deleted it to see if you continue to experience the same event.

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

> I have recently been experiencing a problem on many of the computers on
> my network. All these affected systems are having trouble logging off.
> From what I have been able to find out I believe that this problem is some
> how related to similar errors like this:
> {AAD1D51F-1279-4831-8684-D99F99B3CC62}. The subscriber returned HRESULT
> 800706BA.
> After some research into these problems I found that 800706BA refers to
> 0x800706BA which means "The RPC server is unavailable". This is where I'm
> stuck......if I am understanding this right it's a problem with my Win2k
> Server and or the communication between the server and the affected
> machines. I also found that this is a side effect from the MSBlaster virus
> because it utilizes DCom and the RPC server for it self. So I ran scans but
> found nothing.
>
> Any suggestions on how I may resolve this please?
> --
> -Scott

Yeah, this issue has been driving me nuts for some time now. Interestingly
though the GUID changes between machine and between occurrences in an even
log. I tried searching the GUIDs on the registry buy come up empty handed
every time. The only other connection here that I have been able to make is
that all the affected machines are running MSN Messenger so I am leaning
towards that being the problem instead of my DC or network.

-Scott