Multiple instances of Internet Explorer on PPC 2003 SE

December 23, 2004 1:28:42 AM

When I assign to WiFi AP, I need to authenticate thru IE and keep that
window open as far as I want to browse Internet.

So, I need another IE window to surf the web.

Is that possible?

Thanks,
December 23, 2004 1:28:43 AM

Not natively but possible with 3rd party such as MultiIE (and others)
http://www.southwaycorp.net/multiie.htm

"Iggy" <iggy@cg.yu> wrote in message
> When I assign to WiFi AP, I need to authenticate thru IE and keep that
> window open as far as I want to browse Internet.
>
> So, I need another IE window to surf the web.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> Thanks,

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 2:22:45 AM

On 22 Dec 2004, "Iggy" <iggy@cg.yu> pondered an unfair universe and
came up with news:ujEtC1G6EHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> When I assign to WiFi AP, I need to authenticate thru IE and keep
> that window open as far as I want to browse Internet.
>
> So, I need another IE window to surf the web.
>
> Is that possible?

You might try FTXPbrowser, which is a tabbed browser that appears to be
a PIE shell:

http://www.freewareppc.com/docs/ftxpbrowserforwindowsmo...

This is what I use, and it works pretty good, but doesn't reformat
pages into a single column like PIE. It still reformats them so they're
useful. Anyway, it's free, so see if it works for you.

--
StephG
December 23, 2004 7:47:34 AM

I like PIE Plus however be careful as it will probably cause you problems
with sites that require IE 5 and higher. The switch it is suppose to set
doesn't work so you have to reg hack it, maybe multiple times as it seems to
reset.

"Iggy" <iggy@cg.yu> wrote in message
> When I assign to WiFi AP, I need to authenticate thru IE and keep that
> window open as far as I want to browse Internet.
>
> So, I need another IE window to surf the web.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> Thanks,

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 12:56:40 PM

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:28:42 +0100, "Iggy" <iggy@cg.yu> wrote:

>When I assign to WiFi AP, I need to authenticate thru IE and keep that
>window open as far as I want to browse Internet.
>
>So, I need another IE window to surf the web.

Spb Pocket Plus will do that nicely, along w/ some other qool stuff.

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en

Ferd

Ferd Berfle

"Usenet is Fun!"
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 3:14:03 PM

"Jabba" <cymry2002@notmail.com> wrote in message
> Not natively but possible with 3rd party such as MultiIE (and others)
> http://www.southwaycorp.net/multiie.htm

IMHO Multiie is great for one handy feature beyond the others standard
fare - screen drag. At least in the versions I tried, updates this week not
accounted for...

Screen drag is great, otherwise it seems like either A.) page down cuts the
picture in the worse possible way between screens or b.) line at a time is
too slow.

Yes, you can map other buttons for line down or page down, but you have to
use different buttons instead of the handy dandy stylus.

..02, completely unrequested. :)
!