System calulator?

dreamer64

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
im wondering if theres a website where u can calulator all ur hardwhere(cpu,psu,video card and ram and ofc motherboard

where it can all calulate and where its compadible and wuts not

kinda like calulating power supply but with hole system...

dreamer64

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
i sorry...

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

its like that link above but its the system calulator

like to see if everything is compadable...
where it ask ur motherboard then cpu,ram,and everything to see if ur system is all compadable

i now u can go off from ur motherboards website to see if ur ram and cpu is compadable but i was wondering if theres a better site for that...

like an easyer way u know?

i got gigbytes mebo and on it tells me cpu will work but doesnt list my ram but the ram i got is deffly the ddr3 1333 but doesnt tell u my specific ram on there nor does it say anything over 4 mb of ram

i got kingston hyper X i now they work with most all mebos...

i just wana now if all my crap is gona work

my comp
quad core 2.66 york 775 q8400
hyper X 1333 ddr3 8gb 2 sticks
8800 gts 320mb nvidea
1000watt rosewell psu
1tb seagate 7200

i went on mebo website and it says it all compadable but ram...
but if ram wont work it would atleast start when i took the 2 sticks out

anyways i sent mebo back and get new1 tuesday i guss im just dumble questilon my self not sure...

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
I tend to select the CPU I want and then decide upon the motherboard based upon CPU socket support. The motherboard will be capable of running different components, so I pay attention to what it can do...RAM speeds, graphics capability etc. There's no site that I'm aware of where you choose components and it tells you if they're compatible...it's just too broad an area to reduce to a formulaic approach like that. And, IMHO, would completely remove the fun from it all.