error message in member server

we have 2 win 2k advanced servers one is primary and other member server.
both are DNS enabled.
after i changed the domain admin password and password of another account
with domain admin rights, i get the following error message every 2 hours in
the member server.

source : Userenv
event id :1000
category : none
description

Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1326)

any clue on this error message ?

any quick help is appreciated
5 answers Last reply
More about error message member server

    1326 = Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

    Check that any service passwords that logon as domain admin

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "sridhar" wrote:
    | we have 2 win 2k advanced servers one is primary and other member server.
    | both are DNS enabled.
    | after i changed the domain admin password and password of another account
    | with domain admin rights, i get the following error message every 2 hours
    in
    | the member server.
    |
    | source : Userenv
    | event id :1000
    | category : none
    | description
    |
    | Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1326)
    |
    | any clue on this error message ?
    |
    | any quick help is appreciated

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    hi dave
    thanks for the response.
    but i checked under services under administrative tools in the member server
    and find all the services logging on as local system account.
    where else to look for services running with domain admin rights ?

    your reply is very very... much appreciated.

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > 1326 = Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password
    >
    > Check that any service passwords that logon as domain admin
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "sridhar" wrote:
    > | we have 2 win 2k advanced servers one is primary and other member server.
    > | both are DNS enabled.
    > | after i changed the domain admin password and password of another account
    > | with domain admin rights, i get the following error message every 2 hours
    > in
    > | the member server.
    > |
    > | source : Userenv
    > | event id :1000
    > | category : none
    > | description
    > |
    > | Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1326)
    > |
    > | any clue on this error message ?
    > |
    > | any quick help is appreciated

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Also check any Scheduled Tasks.

    --

    "sridhar" wrote:
    | hi dave
    | thanks for the response.
    | but i checked under services under administrative tools in the member
    server
    | and find all the services logging on as local system account.
    | where else to look for services running with domain admin rights ?
    |
    | your reply is very very... much appreciated.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    hi dave

    there is no scheduled tasks or any other special application running in it

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > Also check any Scheduled Tasks.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "sridhar" wrote:
    > | hi dave
    > | thanks for the response.
    > | but i checked under services under administrative tools in the member
    > server
    > | and find all the services logging on as local system account.
    > | where else to look for services running with domain admin rights ?
    > |
    > | your reply is very very... much appreciated.

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    The task may not be running on this machine. It has to be something along
    this line since you just changed the password and 1326 = Logon failure:

    "sridhar" wrote:
    | hi dave
    |
    | there is no scheduled tasks or any other special application running in it

Domain Error Message Servers Windows