Fiery E300 controller problem

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 14, 2005 7:39:08 PM

The printer controller is installed in colour laser copier Infotec 7286.

Hard disk of the controller was damaged, so I install new one but
smaller (2,1 GB Fujitsu) previous was Quantum 3,2 GB. The problem is
when I try to format it from service menu of the controller, on the lcd
screen system call: "Scanning file system" after it "cannot find boot
device". Is it possible that on the new disk must be prepared partition
table and boot record? Does anyone know which file system should be
installed on this disk of the Fiery controller?
--
spider
June 14, 2005 7:39:09 PM

In message <d8mmv6$m5j$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl>, spider
<spajder78@WYTNIJwp.pl> writes
>The printer controller is installed in colour laser copier Infotec
>7286.
>Hard disk of the controller was damaged, so I install new one but
>smaller (2,1 GB Fujitsu) previous was Quantum 3,2 GB. The problem is
>when I try to format it from service menu of the controller, on the lcd
>screen system call: "Scanning file system" after it "cannot find boot
>device". Is it possible that on the new disk must be prepared partition
>table and boot record? Does anyone know which file system should be
>installed on this disk of the Fiery controller?

Have you tried getting into the setup menus on boot up? On my fiery I
have to press a key on startup (more or less straight away) to get into
its setup menus, is there something in there that might help to set up a
new hard disk? Mine has an option to format hard disk I would assume
you will need to do that as it is presumably an unformatted disk.

--
Timothy
Anonymous

Is your Fiery RIP Unix-based or one of the new embedded XP models?

spider wrote:
> The printer controller is installed in colour laser copier Infotec 7286.
> Hard disk of the controller was damaged, so I install new one but
> smaller (2,1 GB Fujitsu) previous was Quantum 3,2 GB. The problem is
> when I try to format it from service menu of the controller, on the lcd
> screen system call: "Scanning file system" after it "cannot find boot
> device". Is it possible that on the new disk must be prepared partition
> table and boot record? Does anyone know which file system should be
> installed on this disk of the Fiery controller?
June 22, 2005 6:05:07 PM

Mike Berger napisa³(a):
> Is your Fiery RIP Unix-based or one of the new embedded XP models?

it's unix-based I suppose
--
spider
June 22, 2005 8:18:09 PM

In message <d9bkf6$rfb$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl>, spider
<spajder78@WYTNIJwp.pl> writes
>Mike Berger napisa³(a):
>> Is your Fiery RIP Unix-based or one of the new embedded XP models?
>
>it's unix-based I suppose

Did you find the option to format the new disk via the setup menus that
you can probably get to by pressing a key/button during startup?

--
Timothy
June 29, 2005 5:23:39 PM

In message <d9u1pq$hac$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl>, spider
<spajder78@WYTNIJwp.pl> writes
>me@privacy.net napisa³(a):
>> Did you find the option to format the new disk via the setup menus
>>that you can probably get to by pressing a key/button during startup?
>
>of course, but when I try to format disk, system on the lcd screen
>call: "Scanning file system" after it "cannot find boot device" :(

Is it physically installed properly, are there jumpers on the hard disk
that need setting?

--
Timothy
Anonymous