Automating an append backup

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windows.server.general (More info?)

Hi,

I have automated our nightly backup.

I need to do the same for our exchange backup, and want this to be appended
to the nightly backup later.

I can't find the switch to use to append this exchange data.

Many thanks for your help.

NEIL

Neil Jarman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have automated our nightly backup.
>
> I need to do the same for our exchange backup, and want this to be appended
> to the nightly backup later.
>
> I can't find the switch to use to append this exchange data.
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> NEIL

Are you using ntbackup? I believe /a is the option you are looking for.

See
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/2b8c47c9-a769-46d2-9e26-f4d16f0261f8.mspx

Beware; Windows Server 2003 SP1 breaks the ability back up the system
state. Regular file backups appear to still work okay.

Greg

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windows.server.general (More info?)

Hi Greg,

Thanks - there were issues with just using the /a switch - I can't remember
what now!

Anyway, I got theis great software which interfaces with ntbackup and
resolves many of my problems!

Neil