Programs Menu

October 11, 2004 3:01:08 PM

After installing SP2, it appears I've lost some of the icons from my "All
Programs' menu. The programs are still on the drive and I can execute them by
going to the directory and selecting the program manually. Why did this
disappear from my all programs menu?? and how do I get them back?? -
Martin

More about : programs menu

Anonymous
October 11, 2004 3:09:00 PM

Try using System Restore (Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
System Restore. Use the wizard to restore operating system to a previous
before this happened.

See links:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q306084

Trouble shooting System Restore:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;310405

Andre
"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing SP2, it appears I've lost some of the icons from my "All
> Programs' menu. The programs are still on the drive and I can execute them
> by
> going to the directory and selecting the program manually. Why did this
> disappear from my all programs menu?? and how do I get them back?? -
> Martin
October 11, 2004 10:58:28 PM

If the OP wants SP2, this is not a solution!!

"Andre Da Costa" wrote in message
> Try using System Restore (Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
> System Restore. Use the wizard to restore operating system to a previous
> before this happened.

I have no idea what caused your programs menu to go awry, unless it would
have to do with user accounts. So far as restoring your shortcuts, since you
can find the .exe files, r-click them and send to desktop, create a
shortcut. From there you can move them to the programs menu. There is a more
direct method, but I feel that it is too difficult to explain in a simple
post.

LOL, JAX
!