Gaming Build Enquiry?

GenesisUK

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
First off, I will explain my situation to provide all of you with a better idea of what I’m trying to achieve. Recently my odd rig died and decided to sell the components that still worked and start a fresh (except my monitor), so currently I’m running my HP Pavilion DV1240ca notebook as my main rig for all my main needs to a certain point. I mainly use my rig for Gaming and CAD work, my favourite game at the moment would be TESIV: Oblivion so I need a computer up to the power requirements to be able to play it not particularly top notch but playable. Its probably wise to tell you its needs to last me at least until this time next year when I will be joining the British Army and will not have much need for a PC as of that. I have roughly £1200 maybe a little more but wouldn’t mind saving some money if possible. Is it worth buying a Conroe with my situation if so which the 6300 or the 6600?

So my general reason for posting is for some off you people out there that know more than me about PC's and Hardware what I should compile together that will atleast last me a years worth of gaming? example builds would be great.

Many Thanks,

GenesisUK

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
You should be able to get the following system for around £700 or £800 at Komplett:

Core 2 Duo 6600
965 Mobo
2gb DDR2
7900GT
300gb hard drive

Add/remove parts to taste.