PPC 2003 SE

December 23, 2004 11:27:46 AM

Is this a free download?

More about : ppc 2003

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 11:27:47 AM

Pocket PC operating systems are delivered in the firmware.

Moreover, to my knowledge, no vendor has provided an upgrade path from
Pocket PC 2003 to Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

D@annyBoy wrote:
> Is this a free download?

December 23, 2004 11:27:48 AM

Toshiba E800 did.
Terry

"Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
message news:upFC5EJ6EHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Pocket PC operating systems are delivered in the firmware.
>
> Moreover, to my knowledge, no vendor has provided an upgrade path from
> Pocket PC 2003 to Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition.
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
December 23, 2004 1:33:34 PM

tc wrote:
> Toshiba E800 did.
> Terry

Add the E400 to that as well. ;-)

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts

I, uh, "sit" corrected :-) ...todd

"Darius Wey" <darius-nospam@pocketpcthoughts.com> wrote in message
> tc wrote:
>> Toshiba E800 did.
>> Terry
>>

> Add the E400 to that as well. ;-)
>
> --
> Darius Wey
> Pocket PC Thoughts
> http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 1:33:36 PM

Todd,

You were 99% correct! Toshiba is the only one that has offered an upgrade.

Given the seemingly endless PPC manufacturers, you still get a 100% though
on the curve!

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

"Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
message news:uImrhmM6EHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I, uh, "sit" corrected :-) ...todd
>
> "Darius Wey" <darius-nospam@pocketpcthoughts.com> wrote in message
>> tc wrote:
>>> Toshiba E800 did.
>>> Terry
>>>

>> Add the E400 to that as well. ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Darius Wey
>> Pocket PC Thoughts
>> http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 6:47:52 PM

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:46:27 -1000, "Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices
MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote:

>Pocket PC operating systems are delivered in the firmware.
>
>Moreover, to my knowledge, no vendor has provided an upgrade path from
>Pocket PC 2003 to Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition.

Dell did, but only for X30 models.

Cheers - Neil
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 3:16:27 AM

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:46:27 -1000, "Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices
> MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote:
>

>>Pocket PC operating systems are delivered in the firmware.
>>
>>Moreover, to my knowledge, no vendor has provided an upgrade path from
>>Pocket PC 2003 to Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition.
>

> Dell did, but only for X30 models.
>
> Cheers - Neil

IIRC, Dell didn't offer an update. The X30 *already* had WM2003SE when
it was released.

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 3:16:28 AM

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 00:16:27 +0800, Darius Wey
<darius-nospam@pocketpcthoughts.com> wrote:

>Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:46:27 -1000, "Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices
>> MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Pocket PC operating systems are delivered in the firmware.
>>>
>>>Moreover, to my knowledge, no vendor has provided an upgrade path from
>>>Pocket PC 2003 to Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition.
>>

>> Dell did, but only for X30 models.
>>
>> Cheers - Neil
>>

>IIRC, Dell didn't offer an update. The X30 *already* had WM2003SE when
>it was released.

Sorry I was confusing that with the ROM update. X30s came with WM2003
2nd edition as you say, and the update to add media player 10 was
posted here : http://tinyurl.com/4my5y

Ahhh that's better ;-)
Cheers - Neil
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 1:59:02 PM

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] wrote:

> Sorry I was confusing that with the ROM update. X30s came with WM2003
> 2nd edition as you say, and the update to add media player 10 was
> posted here : http://tinyurl.com/4my5y
>
> Ahhh that's better ;-)
> Cheers - Neil

Yep. HP followed the same move with their rx3--- devices too.

Enjoy the Christmas holiday! ;-)

--
!