registering at the MS newsgroup site???

Hey have you all noticed that when you go to the web site to read the MS
news groups that it has a new look. I wanted to post a question but you have
to sign in/register and all- Just like in most ng's now- Gee.........is this
something that you all found out too??? I prefer using outlookexpress to
read them but went on the site to see about a post I wanted to check. I
guess Ill stick with OE-At the site, it askes for your email and stuff-Can
one give a numged one there??

Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

It seems to be a new spam control method. Your sign-in must
be a valid NET Passport, but you can still munge your
posting address (I assume).

"RustyM" <RM@RMcom> wrote in message

| Hey have you all noticed that when you go to the web site
to read the MS
| news groups that it has a new look. I wanted to post a
question but you have
| to sign in/register and all- Just like in most ng's now-
Gee.........is this
| something that you all found out too??? I prefer using
outlookexpress to
| read them but went on the site to see about a post I
wanted to check. I
| guess Ill stick with OE-At the site, it askes for your
email and stuff-Can
| one give a numged one there??
|
| --
|
| --
| Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

"RustyM" <RM@RMcom> wrote in message

> Hey have you all noticed that when you go to the web site to read the
> MS
> news groups that it has a new look. I wanted to post a question but
> you have
> to sign in/register and all- Just like in most ng's now-
> Gee.........is this
> something that you all found out too??? I prefer using outlookexpress
> read them but went on the site to see about a post I wanted to check.
> guess Ill stick with OE-At the site, it askes for your email and
> stuff-Can
> one give a numged one there??

> Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

Open a news account in Outlook Express pointed to the server
msnews.microsoft.com.