More Woes for Conroe potential customers.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Hmm... about this issue. The bios chip... is it soldered to the board? Or is it a chip that just pops out -.-

*sighs* I'm starting to get impatient with Intel... about to cancel my E6600 order and just wait till Christmas... I mean, is my rig really that bad? (look at sig) :?:

I mean, I just play Prey and BF2... but I want to be play the upcoming BattleField game and Crysis. And I already know I'll have to upgrade for that... Just wondering if I should do it now or later...

This is what I have lined up for my new build so far =/

Intel Core 2 Duo E 6600
ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP
Corsair XMS TWIN2X2048-6400C4
SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XT 512MB
Antec LifeStyle SONATA II
Seagate Barracuda ST3200820AS

comes down to $1400 :oops:

nikolokolus

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
It's hard to take any article seriously with so many grammatical errors. If this was a message forum then I'd let it slide, but a publication that wants people to take it seriously? Come on!

If you can't write get a manual, it's called "LB Brief," it's your friend.

Hmm... about this issue. The bios chip... is it soldered to the board? Or is it a chip that just pops out -.-

*sighs* I'm starting to get impatient with Intel... about to cancel my E6600 order and just wait till Christmas... I mean, is my rig really that bad? (look at sig) :?:

I mean, I just play Prey and BF2... but I want to be play the upcoming BattleField game and Crysis. And I already know I'll have to upgrade for that... Just wondering if I should do it now or later...

This is what I have lined up for my new build so far =/

Intel Core 2 Duo E 6600
ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP
Corsair XMS TWIN2X2048-6400C4
SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XT 512MB
Antec LifeStyle SONATA II
Seagate Barracuda ST3200820AS

comes down to $1400 :oops:

Eurasianman.... this article does not affect you. It said (although allhell is right, i'm never inclined to take ANYTHING I see posted by TheInquirer seriously) that this issue affected the P5W series and those using the R480 and R580 chipsets from ATI. It does not mention your P5B Deluxe.

Even if you do have issues with bios compatibility, take your board to a computer shop and ask them to flash the bios for you. Most will do this for free, some will charge you between $5-10. Beats having to go through the hastle of sending the bios chip to asus....

doggykyle

Distinguished
May 25, 2006

Sounds more like an ASUS issue. There are boards out there that work fine with conroe. Don't try and put the blame where it doesn't belong.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Sounds more like an ASUS issue. There are boards out there that work fine with conroe. Don't try and put the blame where it doesn't belong.

I'm not blaming ASUS, I'm blaming Intel in general for not doing a good job at making their previous chipsets future proof like AMD did with their 939 socket!

doggykyle

Distinguished
May 25, 2006

I'm not blaming ASUS, I'm blaming Intel in general for not doing a good job at making their previous chipsets future proof like AMD did with their 939 socket!

There is NOTHING wrong with the chipsets though. As far as i know, you can use the 955 chipset with C2D. A bios update has nothing to do with the compatibility of the chipset. If anything, Asus should take the blame because they are the ones shipping out boards saying "C2D compatible" without actually having the appropriate bios on the board.

Scooby2

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
I had i a similar problem with the abit ab9pro though abit shipped me a new bios chip free of charge within 2 days.

Nice to see good customer service.