dhcp

I would like to find out how many DHCP ip address have been used up and how
many remaining in our domain. can someone please help.

"yahya" <yahya@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I would like to find out how many DHCP ip address have been used up and how
> many remaining in our domain. can someone please help.

In Windows 2003 Standard Server: Start > Administrative Tools > DHCP. This
will run the DHCP (Manager). Double click your server to expand it, then
double click Scope.

Under "Address Pool" you have the address pools defined - and thus you can
work out how many possible ip addresses you have.

Under "Address Leases" you have all the current leases. Looking at it now,
it doesn't give you a simple count of the number of leases, but it does show
the client ip addresses so this should give you an idea of how many you have
unallocated.

Alternately, just right click "Scope" and select "Display Statistics..."
this gives you a summary, total addresses, number in use and number
available.

Hope this helps,

Brian.

www.cryer.co.uk/brian