Where's the money :-)

Hi
I'm new in the game. I just visitited Ghostgate for the first time (wow,
there's a lot of cliff racers :).
I've stolen some expensive armor worth aprox 3000 gold a peace.
But where can I sell it? Armorers, traders and pawnbrokers only have between
400-1000 gold.

Thanks.

Allan

P.S.
By the way...in Ghostgate I also ran into a armorer who had a complete set a
glass armor (very expensive stuff), so I just had to kill him and steal the
stuff. But I'm not gonna sell it. I'm keeping it for myself (I'm a
assassin-woodelf ;-)

> P.S.
> By the way...in Ghostgate I also ran into a armorer who had a complete set
> glass armor (very expensive stuff), so I just had to kill him and steal
the
> stuff. But I'm not gonna sell it. I'm keeping it for myself (I'm a
> assassin-woodelf ;-)

There are easier ways to get glass armor. If you have Bloodmoon installed,
and a scroll of Ekash's Locksplitter, you can get a full set in a tomb on an
island east of Thirsk, virtually un-guarded. (You can get it without the
Locksplitter if you can open a level 100 lock on your own, or you can do the
quest that gives you the key, but that may be hard for a young'n character.)
If not, I found my set on a corpse in Kogoruhn, the stronghold east of
Falasmaryon without a name on the map. (You have to be able to kill a few
mid-level ash creatures, or else be very good at sneaking. It's in the
second area in the main building.) Or, if you have Tribunal, you can just
get a bunch of glass and have the armorer in the Craftman's Hall make you
some, but that's expensive. There's also a woman there you need to kill on
a quest who has a full set, but I wouldn't recommend trying that without
some serious elemental immunties as the cave she's in is very dangerous for
low-levels. Anyhow, if you're good enough at sneaking, I'd recommend
robbing the armorers, rather than killing them. He has all the glass armor
readily available on the shelves, so it should be an easy enough task if
you've got the Amulet of Shadows.

Allan wrote:

> But where can I sell it? Armorers, traders and pawnbrokers only have between
> 400-1000 gold.

There are few merchants which have more cash available. An excellent
shopping area is Mournhold (if you have Tribunal expansion), check the
Great Bazar there.

There are only two merchants in vanilla Morrowind with more cash, and
both of them are somewhat (no, actually very) wired. One is easy to
reach, search through Caldera. In a house with lots of Orcs.
The other is quite hidden, east of Vivec. I leave finding that guy to
you, don't want to give too many spoilers now.
I suppose both of these merchants are easter eggs.

I usually go selling loot in Mournhold, lots of rich merchants close
together.

> By the way...in Ghostgate I also ran into a armorer who had a complete set a
> glass armor (very expensive stuff), so I just had to kill him and steal the
> stuff.

Not going to tell you how to play your game (it's your game, after all),
but be prepared things might backfire. Sometimes you need people later
on. Though usually killing folks who attack you first is safe. In
Morrowind every action has a consequence. One of the things which make
the game so interesting.:)

Peter

"Peter Strempel" <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Allan wrote:
>
> > But where can I sell it? Armorers, traders and pawnbrokers only have
between
> > 400-1000 gold.
>
> There are few merchants which have more cash available. An excellent
> shopping area is Mournhold (if you have Tribunal expansion), check the
> Great Bazar there.
>
> There are only two merchants in vanilla Morrowind with more cash, and
> both of them are somewhat (no, actually very) wired. One is easy to
> reach, search through Caldera. In a house with lots of Orcs.
> The other is quite hidden, east of Vivec. I leave finding that guy to
> you, don't want to give too many spoilers now.
> I suppose both of these merchants are easter eggs.
>
> I usually go selling loot in Mournhold, lots of rich merchants close
> together.

Ok, thanks. I'll go have a look :)

> > By the way...in Ghostgate I also ran into a armorer who had a complete
set a
> > glass armor (very expensive stuff), so I just had to kill him and steal
the
> > stuff.
>
> Not going to tell you how to play your game (it's your game, after all),
> but be prepared things might backfire. Sometimes you need people later
> on. Though usually killing folks who attack you first is safe. In
> Morrowind every action has a consequence. One of the things which make
> the game so interesting.:)
>

> Peter

Yes, I did some thinking before the "deed". I thought a armorer in Ghostgate
might become in handy when entering and exiting Ghostfence. I hope, I won't
regret it. It's the first person/"shopkeeper" I've killed. But I just had to
have that glass-armor, heh heh. It's much more coll than chitrin :)

Allan wrote:

> Yes, I did some thinking before the "deed". I thought a armorer in Ghostgate
> might become in handy when entering and exiting Ghostfence. I hope, I won't
> regret it. It's the first person/"shopkeeper" I've killed. But I just had to
> have that glass-armor, heh heh. It's much more coll than chitrin :)

Yes, I understand that. Glass armor is excellent stuff. :*)
As far as I know, that one armorer isn't relevant to any quest, though I
don't know Temple and Redoran quests well (if he is related to any, then
one of those two factions).
I was trying to carefully make the point that Morrowind isn't Doom
without patronizing on how you play your game. Kill the wrong people and
bad things can and will happen. That's fine, much more interesting.

Peter

"Allan" <ako@mail.sonofon.dk> wrote in message
> Hi
> I'm new in the game. I just visitited Ghostgate for the first time
> (wow, there's a lot of cliff racers :).
> I've stolen some expensive armor worth aprox 3000 gold a peace.
> But where can I sell it? Armorers, traders and pawnbrokers only have
> between 400-1000 gold.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Allan
>
> P.S.
> By the way...in Ghostgate I also ran into a armorer who had a
> complete set a glass armor (very expensive stuff), so I just had to
> kill him and steal the stuff. But I'm not gonna sell it. I'm keeping
> it for myself (I'm a assassin-woodelf ;-)

You should start with a jaunt to Caldera. Ask around about selling
stuff.

Related to the cash problem, that smith in Ghostgate is one of the very
few merchants in the base game who has anything of high value to trade
for. Of course, you can swap a single daedric wakazashi for a complete
suit of glass armor, and you're still taking a loss.

There are also a few merchants with enchanted ebony shields worth
trading for.

Morrowind's economy is notoriously screwed up. I don't know what the
point is of assigning such high trade values to items you find, when
there's no way to sell or barter them for anything remotely close in value.

<There is someone who can create spells that cost more than most could
<ever come up with

I have never seen such a character. How about a few hints on where I
might find him/her. Do I need to be Telvanni? (I rarely play
Telvanni, and hate every moment of being Tevlanni when I do.)

"Brian G. Vaughan" <foolishowl_hates_spam@peoplepc.com> wrote in
message news:wvnyd.10610$Z47.5007@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net
> Related to the cash problem, that smith in Ghostgate is one of the
> very few merchants in the base game who has anything of high value to
> trade for. Of course, you can swap a single daedric wakazashi for a
> complete suit of glass armor, and you're still taking a loss.
>
> There are also a few merchants with enchanted ebony shields worth
> trading for.
>
> Morrowind's economy is notoriously screwed up. I don't know what the
> point is of assigning such high trade values to items you find, when
> there's no way to sell or barter them for anything remotely close in
> value.

after 2 1/2 years of looking at this game, I can say that at certain
places in the game, there are specific people you should barter with.
There is someone who can create spells that cost more than most could
ever come up with. My character lacks much, but is enough to see the
value in some spells. Some spells, if the maker can create it, would be
well worth millions :)
Since I realize this could be a spoiler for most of the community, I
don't want to spill too much. I have almost 3million gold, and cannot
afford a spell I'd looked at in his inventory. It's probably for
things like this that all that daedric armor and weaponry is so high
valued in the game.
Perhaps there is a little sub-sub plot going I have never seen spoken
of. Why would this even exist? What's the purpose? Every time I set
my character out for a long walk, I learn something new going on. And,
I've never even been inclined to play the quests out. I'm just an
explorer, a decorator of the Isle of Lights :) I have seen a lot of
interesting things in this game :) Perhaps there is a sort of 'holy
grail' to the game after all.
McG.

"DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote in message
> <There is someone who can create spells that cost more than most could
> <ever come up with
>
> I have never seen such a character. How about a few hints on where I
> might find him/her. Do I need to be Telvanni? (I rarely play
> Telvanni, and hate every moment of being Tevlanni when I do.)

He is Telvanni :) Oh I was surprised too, very surprised. He's not
exactly wayward.
You get to build the spell, and he can make it. My character would
never be able to use it, but I could have it :)
Happy Holidays!
McG.

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:49:41 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>"DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> <There is someone who can create spells that cost more than most could
>> <ever come up with
>>
>> I have never seen such a character. How about a few hints on where I
>> might find him/her. Do I need to be Telvanni? (I rarely play
>> Telvanni, and hate every moment of being Tevlanni when I do.)
>
>He is Telvanni :) Oh I was surprised too, very surprised. He's not
>exactly wayward.
>You get to build the spell, and he can make it. My character would
>never be able to use it, but I could have it :)
>Happy Holidays!
>McG.

Umm - that's how all spellmakers work. What spells they can make depend
solely on what spell effects you already know, and you can easily pump
the effects up far enough that they cost a lot to make or use. The
easiest spellmaker to get to is in the lower part of Balmora Mages
Guild, and she doesn't care what faction you belong to.

"Allan" <ako@mail.sonofon.dk> wrote in

> Hi
> I'm new in the game. I just visitited Ghostgate for the first time
> (wow, there's a lot of cliff racers :).
> I've stolen some expensive armor worth aprox 3000 gold a peace.
> But where can I sell it? Armorers, traders and pawnbrokers only have
> between 400-1000 gold.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Allan
>
> P.S.
> By the way...in Ghostgate I also ran into a armorer who had a complete
> set a glass armor (very expensive stuff), so I just had to kill him
> and steal the stuff. But I'm not gonna sell it. I'm keeping it for
> myself (I'm a assassin-woodelf ;-)

Didn't I run into you outside Amalexia's palace...?

--
John Henry
"The Canadian people seem very friendly. I was happy to see them waving