File Share Access

I am having a problem with accessing a share on a server. The problem is
that when I am logged onto a PC with a local account (usually administrator)
and I connect to a share on a certain server, the contents of the share are
displayed without me being prompted for a username/password to make the
connection. The problem is that since permissions are set on these
files/folders, I cannot access any of them when logged on with the local
admin account. When connecting to other server shares, I am prompted for a
username/pass, which I enter and am subsequently able to access shares.

I have looked into various settings on the server, most notably the
anonymous enumeration of shares, but nothing helps. This share I am speaking
of is a share cluster resource, but I am not sure if this would have
anything to do with it. Also, the everyone group is not in the share or ntfs
permissions anywhere.

I would appreciate any help provided.

Thanks in advance,

Dan DeStefano

Hi Dan,

Have you had a chance yet to review the following articles?

256926 Implementing Home Folders on a Server Cluster
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=256926

Proper configuration:

2. Give the Everyone group Full Control share-level permissions in
Cluster Administrator.

254219 Security Considerations When Implementing Clustered File Shares
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=254219

224967 How to create file shares on a cluster
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=224967

Create a cluster-managed file share (and Related Links)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/Serve
rHelp/e59d826b-c1c7-4022-ad3a-cfc5656202c9.mspx

NOTE: In the Windows Server 2003 family, the Everyone group no longer
includes Anonymous Logon.

Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado
Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>