Which GC with the most W

Thorciboy

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
I was browsing through the TH site and I can't seem to find this..

I'd like to know, if anyone knows, which graphic card needs (current cards - maybe the next generation too if its known already) the most W to work? And how much is that supposed to be?

TY

ikjadoon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
The biggest beast of the bunch right now would be an overclocked X1900XTX. Next gen cards might get better, but some people say they will go higher. It tops out around 120W on full load. Linkage

Think that is a stock card, expect a few more W on an OC'ed version.

~Ibrahim~

ikjadoon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Sh!t. I'm wrong, f*ck. I forgot about the 7950GX2. It is actually two cards slapped together, so I don't know if it counts, but it beats the X1900XTX with a total load power consumption of 143W. Linkage
Sorry!

~Ibrahim~

Thorciboy

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Sh!t. I'm wrong, f*ck. I forgot about the 7950GX2. It is actually two cards slapped together, so I don't know if it counts, but it beats the X1900XTX with a total load power consumption of 143W. Linkage
Sorry!

~Ibrahim~

Thx for the welcome.. :wink:

It's ok, i wad checking the site, because of some missunderstanding, that there was supposed to be a GC monster with a 300w consumption.. i found it impossible, so I came to check it out.. Glad to see I was right.. :)

ikjadoon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
You know the weird thing is that a few days/weeks ago I posted what I thought was a GPU power consumption, but it was really a full system power consumption. I labelled it GPU Power Consumption, but thankfully quite a few people noticed and I corrected it. And the weirdest part of all is that the number was around 300.

lol, I guess I forgot, sorry!

~Ibrahim~

Thorciboy

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
You know the weird thing is that a few days/weeks ago I posted what I thought was a GPU power consumption, but it was really a full system power consumption. I labelled it GPU Power Consumption, but thankfully quite a few people noticed and I corrected it. And the weirdest part of all is that the number was around 300.

lol, I guess I forgot, sorry!

~Ibrahim~

:) I guess this was on this forum somewhere? Or in an article?

I came to see if sth like it could be true. He still claims it to be. LOL.

Well, anyways, i guess i can't prove him wrong.. He still hasn't got a link to prove it, so I guess, things will stay this way.

ikjadoon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Ah, good, can't be me, then, lol. It was on an article on this forum, it was a comment in an article....Good luck, and you have my blessing to call him a noob, like my blessing counts for anything, lol.

~Ibrahim~