W2K Advanced Server doesn't recognize all the physical mem..

Hello,

We have a Proliant 8500 running Windows 2000 Advanced Server. The server had
3GB of memory, and we added an additional 2GB of memory for a total of 5GB.
The problem is the OS only recognizes 3.4GB of memory, even though the BIOS
and POST report 5GB of memory. How do I get Windows 2000 to recognize all the
physical memory?

Thanks,
JDB
1 answer Last reply
More about advanced server doesn recognize physical

    Hi JBD,

    See if the following article allows you to see the rest of the physical
    memory.

    283037 Large memory support is available in Windows 2000 and Windows Server
    2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=283037

    --------------------
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado
    Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    > We have a Proliant 8500 running Windows 2000 Advanced Server. The server
    had
    > 3GB of memory, and we added an additional 2GB of memory for a total of
    5GB.
    > The problem is the OS only recognizes 3.4GB of memory, even though the
    BIOS
    > and POST report 5GB of memory. How do I get Windows 2000 to recognize all
    the
    > physical memory?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > JDB