core 2 duo's now avaliable at newegg

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
What the fuck are you talking about? They're the best computer hardware online retailer there is.

I bet you that's a typo on the e6300 price.

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Newegg is started to become one of those ridiculous e-retailers. Newegg, you can kiss my A*S*S.

Agreed. Built my alst PC off Newegg but their prices are not close to competitive anymore... And this Core 2 Duo pricing is way high... I'll wait for someone else to get a retail box at a resonable markup.

tekturk

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
Did you see their prices lately? it's not only the Conroe's that you can find it cheaper at other websites when you google their hot products. What good is it for me when they have a jacked up prices even they have the fastest shipping? I want to save money period.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Umm:

* Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Allendale 1066MHz FSB LGA 775 Processor Model BX805576300 - Retail

64 bit Support: Yes
Hyper-Threading Support: No
L1 Cache: 32KB+32KB
L2 Cache: 4M shared
Multi-Core: Dual-Core
Operating Frequency: 1.86GHz
Process Type: 65 nm
Series: Core 2 Duo
Virtualization Technology Support: Yes
Vista Ready: Yes
* Model #: BX805576300
* Item #: N82E16819115005
* ** This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only. what's this?
* In Stock
* $4.99 Three Day Shipping
* Move item to Wish ListMove To Wish List

* $389.00

* Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Allendale 1066MHz FSB LGA 775 Processor Model BX805576400 - Retail

64 bit Support: Yes
Hyper-Threading Support: No
L1 Cache: 32KB+32KB
L2 Cache: 2M shared
Multi-Core: Dual-Core
Operating Frequency: 2.13GHz
Process Type: 65 nm
Series: Core 2 Duo
Virtualization Technology Support: Yes
Vista Ready: Yes
* Model #: BX805576400
* Item #: N82E16819115004
* ** This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only. what's this?
* In Stock
* Free Three Day Shipping
* Move item to Wish ListMove To Wish List

* $399.00

Something is up... perhaps they are in somewhat of a hurry? :lol:

ocnewb

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
I pray this is wrong, however I agree. Thier prices are nothing like they used to be. I have priced out my entire system on zipzoomfly.com and its very close to newegg, and zipzoomfly has no shipping charge on anything.

tekturk

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
I think this situation happens to everyone and/or everything we come across. When you give too much credit or respect to something or someone, they loose their sight of decency.

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
I think this situation happens to everyone and/or everything we come across. When you give too much credit or respect to something or someone, they loose their sight of decency.

unfortunetly, you may be right

hobbawapa

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
thats is just plan highway robbery. i was planning on ordering a e6300 from newegg but zipzoomfly is shoulding very tempting right now

hobbawapa

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Obviously thats not going to be the final price. I mean they dont even have the cache right. It says the E6300 is 4m shared cache.

I bought my Sempron64 from Monarch cause it was $39 more at newegg. Then 2 days later they dropped it to the same price as Monarch.

One thing about newegg, there cpu prices are usually competative, but at first they always start high. Not sure why but you will see then drop in a couple days.
Zipzoom fly is usually a little cheaper on any cpu.

staring high doesn't mean about $170 higher than a competitior

sluzbenik

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Lol..I just chatted with a rep. They are aware of the problem and working on it...

He says he couldn't give me correct pricing as he only saw the same stuff on the web as we do.

Nice one New Egg, nice one.

I said "nice launch" and he typed back a smiley face.

Geezall..

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Maybe everyone should let them know their prices and description are out of whack:

http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/ContactUs.asp?action=show&SubjectID=71&ShortDesc=Customer_Service

Sent them an email, quoting prices from ZipZoomFly as well as the L2 cache on E6300.

ZipZoomFly has:

E6300 - 219
E6400 - 279

For anyones Info.

dreams411

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
NewEgg is definitely charging a premium. They tend to do that when they get something new & shiney in. Earlier this morning they didn't have a single Conroe available.

I always keep a spreadsheet of my next PC build as I do research and I have a links for the same parts at NewEgg and ZipZoomFly. I've been watching the way NewEgg does pricing for over three years. On average ZipZoomFly is about $40 cheaper than NewEgg for a complete box build (including shipping) and they have 2 day shipping rather than NewEgg's 3 day shipping. My last build was with NewEgg, but my next will be with ZZF for sure.
What's interesting to note is that since about a year ago, NewEgg started becoming less competitive in pricing. Presumably since they have a huge customer base and people might pay the slight premium because of who they are. Granted they've got a nice website with good information. But what's to stop me from researching on NewEgg and buying from a competitor like ZZF? Nada. :D

hobbawapa

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
yeah the only reason i am going with newegg(well i guess was before this) was because of customer support this will be my first build and if i had to return something i needed good support but my next build when i know what i'm doing is going to be fro mthe lowest place. which may be newegg may not?

What's interesting to note is that since about a year ago, NewEgg started becoming less competitive in pricing. Presumably since they have a huge customer base and people might pay the slight premium because of who they are. Granted they've got a nice website with good information. But what's to stop me from researching on NewEgg and buying from a competitor like ZZF? Nada. :D

Exactly.

I think newegg.com will bring down their prices in a few days. It doesn't help me though 'cause I'm looking to pick up the E6600. Newegg doesn't list it and ZipZoomFly is out of stock.