Browser service failed to retrieve the backup list

I'm getting a ton of Error8032 on one of four Win2000AS servers:
The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on
transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{9A22B96A-8D4B-4D33-856E-7C55CC74DF7D}. The
backup browser is stopping.

These errors are occuring about every 3 hours or so. We've been getting them
for some time now and we've tried just about everything we can think of to
no avail. There is one strange thing about this system that is not true of
any of the other systems. This machine thinks it can see another network
"AFFINITY". This network used to exist here about 6 months ago and this
machine might well ahve been part of that domain as well as the primary
local domain. I suspect that the browser errors are related to this --- as I
said this is the only system doing this and it is the only one that thinks
it is part of this old domain.

Is there any stratighforward way to get this old domain out of the system?

Thanks

John
clippermiami *AT* gmail *DOT* com

On 10 May 2005 15:14:08 -0500, " Newscene" <not_real@internet.org> wrote:

>I'm getting a ton of Error8032 on one of four Win2000AS servers:
>The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on
>transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{9A22B96A-8D4B-4D33-856E-7C55CC74DF7D}. The
>backup browser is stopping.
>
>These errors are occuring about every 3 hours or so. We've been getting them
>for some time now and we've tried just about everything we can think of to
>no avail. There is one strange thing about this system that is not true of
>any of the other systems. This machine thinks it can see another network
>"AFFINITY". This network used to exist here about 6 months ago and this
>machine might well ahve been part of that domain as well as the primary
>local domain. I suspect that the browser errors are related to this --- as I
>said this is the only system doing this and it is the only one that thinks
>it is part of this old domain.
>
>Is there any stratighforward way to get this old domain out of the system?
>
>Thanks
>
>John
>clippermiami *AT* gmail *DOT* com

See tip 3044 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Jerold

File and Printer Sharing is on for all the servers.

John