Terminal Services Question

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello experts!

I have a Win 2000 Advanced Server that is running Terminal Services in
Remote Admin Mode.
Im usually logged in the server using the administrator account. When I
leave the server room (locked of course) I sometimes need to log into
the machine and access the programs I was already running physically in
the server. When, in the Terminal Services Client, I log using again
the Administrator account I see an empty screen and I cant continue to
use the programs that were already active.

Is this any way to access the machine using Terminal Services Client
and the same account that was logged on and be able to use the progrmas
already running?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

"Dan" wrote:
> Hello experts!
>
> I have a Win 2000 Advanced Server that is running Terminal
> Services in
> Remote Admin Mode.
> Im usually logged in the server using the administrator
> account. When I
> leave the server room (locked of course) I sometimes need to
> log into
> the machine and access the programs I was already running
> physically in
> the server. When, in the Terminal Services Client, I log using
> again
> the Administrator account I see an empty screen and I cant
> continue to
> use the programs that were already active.
>
> Is this any way to access the machine using Terminal Services
> Client
> and the same account that was logged on and be able to use the
> progrmas
> already running?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dan

Terminal Services doesn’t work how you would expect it to. It logs on
as an additional user, and not as the user that’s physically on the
machine.

You could try changing the mode you run Terminal Services in, but I
doubt this would solve the problem. You could always use VNC or some
other remote control software instead which would do what you want it
to do.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Advanced-Server-Terminal-Services-ftopict371707.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1217664