JTLJudoMan

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Anyone have any idea when N-Egg is supposed to get the new desktop core 2 duo processors in?

I would like to buy one of the e6600s... So far though, I havn't even seen one on N-Egg for notification...

If anyone knows any information about the availability on n-egg I'd be much appreciative of being given a clue.

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
I just ordered the e6600 and asus p5w dh off of buy.com, I couldn't wait any longer and I didnt want to camp zzf and newegg in order to snatch one before everybody else does, so I stepped into the buy.com queue.

What I wonder is how many other people used buy.com and have they managed to get these cpu's and mobos to many people yet. I am always paranoid about wasting my money, so much so that I went without a computer for a month to make sure that core2 didnt make my system worthless. I almost bought last month before the price drop, that would have been nasty.

So everything for my new rig is on order, I hope I get it all before the 23rd, that is when my school starts up again, and I'm out of time to play these snatching games with newegg, I did order my video card from them though. Is anybody else in the same boat with me concerning this buy.com stuff?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=50001157+2010340343+1051707842+1302820275&Submit=ENE&Subcategory=343

now

Yeah, but considering the E6300 is selling for $389, you must really desperate to pay that much for the slowest Core 2 Duo. The E6600 is priced at $339 at other e-tailers, but they are listed as "out of stock".

JTLJudoMan

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=50001157+2010340343+1051707842+1302820275&Submit=ENE&Subcategory=343

now

Wow they're super overpriced at the moment. Thank you for the link and not just some asinine response about searing the other "10 posts on this subject" I did a search for it and didn't turn up anything. Is it really my fault if the search engine has the functionality of a lump of bronze?

I still didn't see any on specifically the e6600's future availability on N-Egg. I dont care about the availability on other sites. I just want newegg.

Does anyone also know when they'll be shipping in a volume high enough to bring the prices down to MSRP? I've heard talk of september and a lot of the pre-orders say september on them but most of those had backorders for the entire stock they would be receiving anyways.

Thanks for your help helpful-people. Thanks for nothing useless posters.