MSDN CD With 2000 Server/Advanced Server/ Professional

All,

I have a MSDN CD Rom with Windows 2000 Pro/Server/Advanced Server. I just
purchased 2 new servers with the intent to install 2000 Advanced Server using
this MSDN CD. ( I have 5 cals with this cd).

I am having problems using this cd, because the directory structure on the
CD is non standard.

Has anyone used successfully the MSDN cd rom to do a fresh install of
Windows 2000 AD Server?

The only way I can even boot/read the cd is to boot to a Win98 boot disk. It
will then allow me to copy files to my hard drive and it will start the
installation process. I press F6 to specify my SCSI driver, then it reboots
and blue screens.... I know Im using the correct SCSI driver, it was shipped
with the server and I even downloaded an updated driver.

What i really need to know is how to make a STANDARD bootable Windows 2000
Advanced Server CD rom out of this MSDN CD/DVD... Does anyone know how to do
this, or am i trying to do the impossiable....

TIA

Drum on .. .. . . .

You'll need to use your MSDN user account to log into the MSDN site and
download a Win2k ISO image file, then burn it to disk...
"Drumgod" <Drumgod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I have a MSDN CD Rom with Windows 2000 Pro/Server/Advanced Server. I just
> purchased 2 new servers with the intent to install 2000 Advanced Server
> using
> this MSDN CD. ( I have 5 cals with this cd).
>
> I am having problems using this cd, because the directory structure on the
> CD is non standard.
>
> Has anyone used successfully the MSDN cd rom to do a fresh install of
> Windows 2000 AD Server?
>
> The only way I can even boot/read the cd is to boot to a Win98 boot disk.
> It
> will then allow me to copy files to my hard drive and it will start the
> installation process. I press F6 to specify my SCSI driver, then it
> reboots
> and blue screens.... I know Im using the correct SCSI driver, it was
> shipped
> with the server and I even downloaded an updated driver.
>
> What i really need to know is how to make a STANDARD bootable Windows 2000
> Advanced Server CD rom out of this MSDN CD/DVD... Does anyone know how to
> do
> this, or am i trying to do the impossiable....
>
> TIA
>
> Drum on .. .. . . .

The server should be able to boot the CD directly and you select which version
you want to install.

Is the BSD occurring in the driver?

Note that the MSDN server license is only for development purposes, no
production purpose is allowed regardless of any CALS.

joe

www.joeware.net