SLI-DR expert + G Skill ZX series Dual

SkullFox

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
I Bought a Lanparty SLI-DR expert, and the G Skill ZX series Dual channel DDR pc3200 2x1GB.

Inserted the 2 sticks, one on each channel. The MB lighted 3 Leds (couldn't read the Ram), so I took one out. No Luck, switched the sticks, and it started... went into Bios, loaded optimized settings, tryed to put the other stick and no luck. So one stick o ram was damaged.

Carryed one with the other stick, tryed to do the memtest numbers 5 and 8 but it crashed at 5% at #5. So I put the win XP cd and went to install it... it resets just before he does the boot to the cd. tryed to boot a clean Hdd and it resets, it doesn't show that message saying that there is nothing boot.

I replaced thi Gskill ram with a OEM 512mb, and it Runs!! I did a couple of numbahs 5 and 8 in memtest. And its OK...
I tryed to install windows, but it Resets the PC just after doing the Network configs (in the instalation... Where you put the PC name and network)

could a biosflash help??
I'm using Bios ver. 12/07/2005 NF-CK804-6A61Fd4EC-00

EllisD420

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
The eXpert board is one of , if not THE the most finikey boards that DFI has. Especially with ram.

Have you posted on www.dfi-street.com? There are endless guides and knowledgable members there that can help you. I have an Ultra-D and luckily i had zero problems but i have seen a lot of posts about how to get an eXpert running with all kinds of ram. Yours should definetly play nice once you manually input all your timings into the BIOS. Check out the site, see what you think.

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
DFI Street is definately your #1 resource!

That said, i haven't managed to get a 2x1gb pair to even start-up so far at stock settings when paired with an X2 processor.

I have some ocz gold and platnium on me now...

Here are some settings that i've tried...pay attention to the ocz platnium if you're running on a X2, and gold if your on a single core.
Settings for my 3800+ X2 Manchester on the DFI Expert with my Plat
Settings for my 3500+ on the DFI Expert with my Gold

On the page with the 3800+, there are two things that aren't written down correctly...The ratio (in a few places...thx to Excel trying to help me without me telling it to) which should be 1:1, and memory fsb (because i forgot to change it to be 1:1 so the memory fsb and the fsb should be the same in all cases).

SkullFox

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
tkz... that will help... the problem was that the ram was faulty...

and I'm getting the 2*1gb OCZ plat...